cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer won a bid but wants to cancel the bid! What's the best action!

Hello,

As title explains it, I listed an item for auction and a buyer won a bid but he asked me to cancel the bid as he made a mistake to bid on this item!

What to do now?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@ictplaza,

Read the info in the link below. It will tell you how to cancel the transaction, and get your fees returned. Read the Buyer requested cancelation section.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/cancelling-transaction?id=4136

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Personally I would go and cancel. Forcing a buyer to purchase something they don't want is just an invitation for a SNAD return.

You can go to the drop down next to the item hit cancel & use the "Buyer Request" option. You get your FVF back and can relist in most instances right away. In some instances you may have to wait for buyer to confirm, but I've never had that happen,

You won't get a defect.

You do have to relist the item yourself. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

If the auction is over and the bid was the winning bid, there is no longer any bid to cancel.  While it is possible for you to cancel the transaction, canceling the bid is not.

Your options as a seller in cancelling the transaction are to cancel it at the buyer's request or not cancel it and open a UID if the bidder doesn't pay.  I would probably go with the former if the buyer has specifically stated their desire to cancel in an eBay message.  Save the message and don't forget to place them on your BBL.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Cancel using buyer requested.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply