cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer opens purchase dispute-i provide proof-ebay sides with buyer

I just can't afford to sell on ebay anymore. I shipped a phone and have pictures of the label and items shipped. Buyer says they got some perfume. Ebay sides with buyer so i'm out the phone and money. Just can't operate in this dishonest environment that eBay seems to actively screw their sellers. I think they are hurting for revenue and are taking money from sellers anyway they can.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@blazemobile,

"I shipped a phone and have pictures of the label and items shipped. Buyer says they got some perfume. Ebay sides with buyer so i'm out the phone and money". 

Did you challenge the not as described dispute, and ebay refunded the buyer's money without having to return the phone?  If you did, you messed up. Unfortunately the Money Back Guarantee is overly buyer centric, and doesn't allow much help for sellers who get scammed.  Especially, if the seller doesn't follow their return policies for Not As Described.

You should have accepted the return, and if you received anything besides the phone back, after refunding the buyer. You could have taken the return package back to the carrier along with your photos and the original tracking info and asked them to compare the returned  package info type/size/weight to the original label info, and if it did not match, get the clerk to write a note in general on company stationary saying that.  Then you should have opened a Postal Fraud claim and sent the claim number to the buyer telling them you have reported them, for postal fraud.  Sometimes a buyer finding out they have had a postal fraud claimed opened against them, will contact a seller saying they made a mistake and make arrangements to return the item and send money.  

The information from the shipper, and your photos of the item sent, and the returned package along with a postal fraud claim number, could have been sent to one of eBay's social media sites Facebook or Instagram.  The reps on those sites are ebay employees and are more familiar with scams.  They might have issued you a courtesy refund and possibly take action against the buyer. 

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

There was NO return option. I got notice from ebay buyer had opened a dispute with their bank. Only a text description of problem. I did open an appeal and i sent the 1 photo evidence ebay allowed me to. I sent buyer the 5 photos i had in a message. I honestly have now spent hours on this and other bogus issues/returns it's not worth my time anymore. I still have inventory ( i mean i'm not ripping people off and not sending the items i list). So if ebay thinks I am, screw em. I also can't do business when you never know when the next BIG screw the seller is going to come from. Not to mention the HUGE fees on the platform, it's just not worth it. 

Thanks for the feedback.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

You see if a buyer opens a dispute with their financial institution, you're pretty much screwed on ebay. There is no information, no return option, and since ebay didnt get their money from the credit card company, guess what, they're gonna get it back from seller. So, any of you ebay scammers out there (although you already knnow this), just dispute with credit card company and ebay will let you keep item and refund!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply