cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Retracted an offer

I recieved a notice of an offer made on an item.  This was followed by a second notice that the buyer had retracted the offer and I could see their reason by clicking on the history link on the item page.

I have seached all over and cannot find the mysterious "history link".  I also cannot contact eBay's help center because none of their limited options are pertinent to my question and I have to select one to go on to personal contact.  

Can any one help?   Thank you!

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Buyer Retracted an offer

GM, are you attempting to contact buyer as to why they retracted their bid?  If so, I would just leave it alone.

I only ask because I am not seeing a real question, just this: I have to select one to go on to personal contact."

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Buyer Retracted an offer

I was able to get to that list by finding the item in my "Selling" list, and from the drop-down list of available actions for the item, select "Review Offers".  (Or use the graphical "Review Offers" link button provided in the notification email for the retracted offer.)

Even though there were no longer any currently-pending offers, from that screen I was able to see the previous offers and, I believe by following a link within the specific offer, additionally see the history of that offer which included the reason it was declined.  (e.g. The reason the bidder provided, such as "Entered incorrect amount.")

Wish I could show you a screen shot, but the item where I had that exact scenario just a couple days ago has now sold.  So I'm unable to access the offers history on that item any more.  Maybe someone else with an "active" retracted offer can show explicitly how it is reached.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Buyer Retracted an offer

Buyers always use the "entered the wrong amount," but they are supposed to re-enter the correct amount.  I have been on eBay since '01 and seller since '03 and have never seen/heard of anything being done to buyers who do that - it is unfortunate, but is done all the time 😞  and I do not think that eBay will do anything 😞

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Buyer Retracted an offer

" the mysterious "history link".  " is the number of bids .

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Buyer Retracted an offer

I suggest placing the one making the offer on your BBL and moving on.  If you're also running any auction style listing I would make sure I canceled any bids this person may have already placed on your items.  I would also decline any other offers that they may have already made on any of your other items.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Buyer Retracted an offer

No, I am not bothering the ex-buyer. I was trying to contact eBay to find out where to find the history link. That was my question. It has been answered by another seller. 🙂
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Buyer Retracted an offer

THANK YOU!
Thank you for reading carefully enough to comprehend my question. I am getting a lot of well-meaning but not irrelevant advice from others. Through your help I found the history and the reason ("entered wrong amount", which is obviously not the real reason, since all the buyer would have had to do was then enter the correct amount).
Thank you for taking time to help.
Blessings,
adelle
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Buyer Retracted an offer

@danmcntyr2 wrote:

" the mysterious "history link".  " is the number of bids .

There is no "number of bids" link on a BIN/Best Offer listing.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Buyer Retracted an offer

You got it right. I finally found the history, and that is the excuse the buyer chose. The real motive remains unknown, but the character of that buyer has been revealed.
Blessings,
adelle
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Buyer Retracted an offer

There are no "bids" on fixed price items, only offers.
Through help from another seller I did find the history link.
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Buyer Retracted an offer

Good counsel. I am not running auctions currently, but I have certainly had my share of "hit & run" bidders who never paid despite my patient waiting and gentle reminders. Some had very high feedback ratings...
Just a sign of the fallen world in which we live.
Blessings,
adelle
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Buyer Retracted an offer

Great quote!
and the more we learn, the more we realize how little we know! (you can quote me on that!)
Message 13 of 13
latest reply