cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buya.com

Bought an item on eBay.com like I have done hundreds of time. Get the usual confirmation email from eBay. Great.

Three minutes later I get an email (not eBay message, but actual email) from the seller (technically via eBay with the *@members.ebay.com suffix) with an order confirmation from Buya.com

It contains the text “Thanks again for shopping at Buya.com” and that I can check the order status by logging in to my newly created Buya.com account.

Within the same minute I get another email from the seller titled “Welcome to Buya”. What? How is this acceptable?

This post is not a question about what to do- I’ve already cancelled the order, contacted the seller, and all that. Just want to make a public post here about this experience because it should be unacceptable. I get that sellers need to use some logistic services to get their work done, but signing me up for an online marketplace account at some random website with my email address? Yeah no. Not to mention this is probably against eBay’s interest as the Buya.com “marketplace” seems to be trying to siphon business away from eBay.com to Buya.com

Any advice on how to effectively get eBay to notice this would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Buya.com

Make 100% sure that it was from your seller -

This post is not a question about what to do- I’ve already cancelled the order, contacted the seller, and all that 

What was your sellers response when you contacted them via eBay ?

Have they refunded you payment if you had paid?

if it was definitely your eBay seller then I would report them to eBay.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Buya.com

@sevarre,

"... It contains the text “Thanks again for shopping at Buya.com” and that I can check the order status by logging in to my newly created Buya.com account.  Within the same minute I get another email from the seller titled “Welcome to Buya”. What? How is this acceptable?"

It is not acceptable.  Post the ebay item number here so we can see the listing. There may be something in it that can be reported.  If there is not, there is a way to report the seller to ebay, since they are directing you to an off ebay site, to shop on.  The Report item button options do not cover this particular situation. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Buya.com

Last place I would ever buy from and eBay should be notified about this seller.

Buya is nothing but a Bunch of pawn shop locations.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Buya.com

Thanks for your reply. Yes, it was from the seller. They very promptly refunded me after I requested a cancellation. They said they switched to a new POS and are “working out the details” and apologized. 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Buya.com

Thanks for your reply. Yes I did report them. They refunded me promptly and apologized and said they had switched to a new POS and are “working out the details” which is still sketchy to me. 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Buya.com

Just had this happened to me, I actually found the buya.com listing beforehand but noticed that the listing was also on ebay. I assumed that the seller had just made another listing on another site and thus I'd be good but then I got the email from Buya.com. Should I cancel this order or do you think I'll be alright? The seller has a good reputation on ebay and also a 100% rep on Buya (but I think that's a load of malarky since every single seller I saw on that website has a 100% positive reputation) so I think it'd be fine if I just see how things turn out right? Ebay's got my back if its a scam right?

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Buya.com

@linkdag84 wrote:

Just had this happened to me, I actually found the buya.com listing beforehand but noticed that the listing was also on ebay. I assumed that the seller had just made another listing on another site and thus I'd be good but then I got the email from Buya.com. Should I cancel this order or do you think I'll be alright? The seller has a good reputation on ebay and also a 100% rep on Buya (but I think that's a load of malarky since every single seller I saw on that website has a 100% positive reputation) so I think it'd be fine if I just see how things turn out right? Ebay's got my back if its a scam right?

Report the user

As to the topic this is the scary part of all of this

"and that I can check the order status by logging in to my newly created Buya.com account."

Your information was used to do this by the way.....

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Buya.com

Ebay's got my back if its a scam right?

Not if you did not purchase through eBay

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Buya.com

It doesn't sound like eBay has your back, since it seems like you purchased from a different site.

If an item was listed on (a) eBay and also on (b) a different site, and I purchased it from (b), then, obviously, eBay's Money Back Guarantee would not apply.  

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Buya.com

Legit or not legit I would automatically hit the " eject " button the second I get a direct communication outside of Bay messaging.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Buya.com

That seller is giving out your personal contact info without your consent.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Buya.com

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply