cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bidding on item

Good morning,
I am really interested in bidding on an item although the seller has specified he only ships to the US. I live in Portugal so I contacted him to ask if he could ship to Portugal to which he said yes. So then he tried to add me on the buyer exemption list so I could bid on the item but it still doesn't let me. Why is it?
the item in question is this one
https://www.ebay.com/itm/235195036106?hash=item36c2b771ca:g:lekAAOSwKXxk~lzY&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAAwI...

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Bidding on item

Everytime a seller put me on their exemption list for something it never worked. I have no idea what it's good for, most sellers don't know either.

Tell the seller to add portugal as a country they ship to for the item.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Bidding on item

That would be nice the thing is he started the bid a week ago and if he does that he needs to restart it. Is there a way i can add an US address so I can bid on it?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Bidding on item

You can add the US shipping address at the following link.

https://settings3.ebay.com/address/display?type=SHIPPING

For now, make it your default so that you can bid. If the seller has agreed to send it to you in Portugal even if you bid with a US address  they will have to send an invoice with the correct shipping amount before you can pay.  You might want to find out the cost to ship it before you bid as it will likely be expensive.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Bidding on item

If you are buying on eBay online  you may want to contract with a freight forwarding service which will supply a US address, deal with customs and VAT, and track delivery for you.

There will be a fee, obviously.

There are some drawbacks, since forwarded goods are not completely covered by the Money Back Guarantee, but enough advantages that it's worth looking into.

Doral Florida has many of these forwarders, but Delaware does too, and has the advantage of no state sales tax.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply