cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banned Country

Buyer here, I recently found out that most sellers had included Philippines as one of the banned countries. May I know the reason why? 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Banned Country

I use ebay's global shipping program (GSP).

These are the countries ebay says they will ship to, the Philippines is included. If you're encountering sellers who wont ship to the Philippines, maybe that was the specific sellers choice?

• Antigua and Barbuda
  • Aruba
  • Australia
  • Austria
  • Bahamas
  • Bahrain
  • Barbados
  • Bangladesh
  • Belgium
  • Belize
  • Bermuda
  • Bolivia
  • Brazil
  • Brunei Darussalam
  • Bulgaria
  • Cambodia
  • Canada
  • Cayman Islands
  • Chile
  • China
  • Colombia
  • Costa Rica
  • Croatia
  • Cyprus
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • Dominica
  • Dominican Republic
  • Ecuador
  • Egypt
  • El Salvador
  • Estonia
  • Finland
  • France
  • French Guiana
  • Germany
  • Gibraltar
  • Greece
  • Grenada
  • Guadeloupe (French)
  • Guatemala
  • Guernsey
  • Honduras
  • Hong Kong
  • Hungary
  • Iceland
  • Indonesia
  • Ireland
  • Israel
  • Italy
  • Jamaica
  • Japan
  • Jersey
  • Jordan
  • Kuwait
  • Latvia
  • Liechtenstein
  • Lithuania
  • Luxembourg
  • Macau
  • Malaysia
  • Maldives
  • Malta
  • Martinique (French)
  • Mexico
  • Monaco
  • Montserrat
  • Netherlands
  • New Zealand
  • Nicaragua
  • Norway
  • Oman
  • Pakistan
  • Panama
  • Paraguay
  • Peru
  • Philippines
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Qatar
  • Reunion (French)
  • Romania
  • Russia
  • Saint Kitts and Nevis
  • Saint Lucia
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Singapore
  • Slovakia
  • Slovenia
  • South Africa
  • South Korea
  • Spain
  • Sri Lanka
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • Taiwan
  • Thailand
  • Trinidad and Tobago
  • Turks and Caicos Islands
  • Ukraine
  • United Arab Emirates
  • United Kingdom
  • Uruguay
  • Vietnam 
Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Banned Country

@kim-lak-mg3pxy6k wrote:

Buyer here, I recently found out that most sellers had included Philippines as one of the banned countries. May I know the reason why? 

During this global health crisis, there have been interruptions and restrictions in some countries' postal services.

The announcements are scattered ... but Linns has been trying to keep all of the announcements updated on their site:

https://www.linns.com/news/us-stamps-postal-history/international-mail-disruptions-multiply-with-cov...

Philippines. Philippine Postal Corporation has advised that an enhanced community quarantine has been imposed in metropolitan Manila and the rest of Luzon island and several areas on Visayas and Mindanao islands, effective through April 12. Philippine Postal Corporation has announced it will operate as follows during the community quarantine:

1. International mail processing centers will maintain a skeleton staff, in order to accept incoming mail until the total lockdown of international air and sea transport on March 20.

2. All post offices in areas placed under quarantine are closed.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Banned Country

@kim-lak-mg3pxy6k wrote:

In order to be protected from an "Item Not Received" claim, eBay sellers must be able to show online viewable delivery confirmation for the package they ship. 

When shipping via the US Postal Service, international delivery confirmation is called EDELCON and is only available from a specific list of countries. 

The Philippines is not one of those countries, so many sellers (like me) will not ship there. 

https://pe.usps.com/eDelConCountryList/Index

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Banned Country

@luckythewinner wrote:

@kim-lak-mg3pxy6k wrote:

In order to be protected from an "Item Not Received" claim, eBay sellers must be able to show online viewable delivery confirmation for the package they ship. 

When shipping via the US Postal Service, international delivery confirmation is called EDELCON and is only available from a specific list of countries. 

The Philippines is not one of those countries, so many sellers (like me) will not ship there. 

https://pe.usps.com/eDelConCountryList/Index

At this time ... even sellers who don't manually exclude non eDelCon countries have the Exclusion set by eBay.

Because NOTHING is going in to the Philippines via their postal service as of March 20.
penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Banned Country

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know if eBay is keeping this list updated or not, but the Philippines has been on it since it was published.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/COVID-19-Community-Hub/Advising-you-about-shipments-during-COVID-19/ba...

There are service disruptions around the world as local shipping carriers decide to suspend in-country deliveries. Below we are listing the countries that are impacted. 

If buyers from one of these countries have already purchased an item from you but it has not yet been shipped, you will not be able to print a shipping label.  As of March 20, we will suspend label printing services for the listed countries. 

To deter future purchases, while they are not able to be delivered, buyers may be able to view listings in search, but if they select the listing they will see a message that ‘this seller’ (you) does not ship to their country. Buyers will not be able to checkout and will be warned throughout the experience the product will not ship to their location. 

• Cayman Islands
  • Djibouti
  • Ecuador
  • French Polynesia
  • Honduras
  • Kuwait
  • Lebanon
  • Libya
  • Maldives
  • Moldova
  • Mongolia
  • Morocco