cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad seller experience

I’m new to eBay and bought a Nintendo Wii console. It arrived and everything was grimy and dirty and the controller did not work even after putting new batteries in. One of the controllers is written on with a pen and one of them has been chewed by a dog. The seller does not accept returns but none of the damages were disclosed in the item listing. I even wrote to the seller before purchasing the item to ask if everything was in good working order and they said it was. I have photos of the dirt and damages. It costs more to replace these items than it does to buy another Wii console. Is this grounds for a refund? It cost around $40 after shipping. Which the seller also lied about. It said in the listing it would be sent usps priority mail and it was sent ups. The shipping method is not a big deal other than to use as more evidence that the seller was not truthful in the listing. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Bad seller experience

Yes, any difference between the actual item versus the listing description is grounds for a full refund. And if the seller wants the item back, they have to pay for the return shipping.

Stop communicating directly with the seller; instead,  file a claim for item not as described.  Here's a link to eBay's buyer protection  policy, which they call the "Money Back Guarantee":

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Bad seller experience

Item not as described

Read ebay's money back guarantee for buyers, & pay attention to the details on how to receive a full payment refund.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply