cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are your account contact details up to date? Email? Phone number?

eBay UK apparently recently instituted a sort of mandatory 2-factor authentication verification process. Many users were required to receive an email, text message, or phone call to be able to complete the sign-in process to their eBay accounts.

Users with old or invalid email and phone numbers found themselves unable to sign in to eBay at all. And many of the usual "Contact us" links now only work when users are already signed in to an eBay account. Users not signed in who tried to contact eBay were directed to a sign-in page.

See here (UK link):

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Technical-Issues/Trouble-Shooting-Steps-for-New-Verification-Process...

eBay sometimes tries out various changes on other sites before implementing those changes on ebay.com.

Now might be a good time for users on ebay.com to verify that their contact details are up to date.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Thanks for the heads up.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Sorry, but despite repeated efforts, I am unsuccessful at adding a cell phone number to my account (apparently because absence of such a number prevents me from basic log in completion).

Thanks

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

email address is functional and has been included in ebay registration for many years.

Thanks

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Try using the eBay app to add a cell number to your account rather than a browser.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Another great post. Thank you @eburtonlab 

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Thank you so much for the tip i will check on that ASAP!!!!!!

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply