cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card payments

I am in the process of purchasing a cargo trailer, they are requesting payment via apple card and want me to send them the numbers. How does this work. It feels sketchy.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Apple Card payments

That is a NO GO. This is a scam. You are right that it feels sketchy. eBay has managed payments. Payments go through them unless it is a local pickup which things may change.....(I've never done a local pick up).

DO NOT send any numbers......

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Apple Card payments

Do you have an item number for the item you purchased on ebay? That would help so folks can review the listing in case they have anything to add or perhaps I may have missed.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Apple Card payments

@flmu_9774,

If you found the trailer on another site like Craig's or Market place and teh seller says the transaction will be handled by ebay, with ebay protections, it is a scam and you should cease communications with them.  eBay does not have holding facilities, will not ship items, especially vehicles or trailers for free with a 5 day inspection period. The documents they send you look authentic but are not, and ebay does not have a direct phone line for support.  Never purchase any thing with gift cards and transmit the numbers, once you do the funds are gone and untraceable. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Apple Card payments

Never purchase any thing with gift cards and transmit the numbers, once you do the funds are gone and untraceable. 

@flmu_9774 

THIS  ^^^^^^^^^^^

If you fall for this, the next thing the scammers are going to want is another $1000 for "insurance".    Don't be lured by the "too good to be true price".  There is no cargo trailer. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Apple Card payments

That is what I thought, thank you for confirming, I truly appreciate it. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Apple Card payments

@flmu_9774,

We're all here to help, but are often amazed that people do not check the Warning notices on How to spot scams, that the other site's do post at least on their Home page. They all say not to use gift cards to pay for items. 

The reply by @ittybitnot"If you fall for this, the next thing the scammers are going to want is another $1000 for "insurance" , does happen sometimes but not always.

"Don't be lured by the "too good to be true price",  is a feature of a scam 99% of the time, usually accompanied by sob story of some sort... Military deployment, Death/illness in a family, Divorce... explaining the reason for the low price.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Apple Card payments

Your in the process of having your money stolen by a thief and liar.  eBay does not work that way. They never assist in sales or payments of items on other sites.  It must be listed on eBay to be an eBay sale. There is no other way.  eBay will never tell you to pay or buy gift cards.

You were wise to ask, you avoided losing your money.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Apple Card payments

There is no cargo trailer.

She's not a member of the armed forces, a bitter divorcee, an oceanographer on the NorthSea.

She's not even female

SCAM!

EBay does not handle shipping or warehousing.

EBay sales are entirely made through the eBay site.

The scammer is in a boiler room in Minsk or an internet cafe in Lagos, stringing you along.

Never pay for anything online with a gift card. Save those for tucking into your nephew's Bar Mitzvah card.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Apple Card payments

SCAM! Run!!

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 10 of 10
latest reply