cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do if your listing is removed

I've seen several frustrated sellers (books) that had a listing removed for being offensive material.   First off, you have to consider that a lot of people who use eBay to look for books aren't necessarily being Kosher.  Meaning, they don't buy books, they just go around looking for books they think are offensive.   What I found is, you don't see who this person is...  which I think is wrong of eBay not to disclose the complaintee.  But you can ask eBay if it was them or a user that complained and then if it was a user, you have a right to ask about that particular member, do they buy books, have they been a member very long, have they made other complaints about books or products too.   Ebay is not unreasonable, so it doesn't hurt to ask..  you might be surprised what you find out.

Second, if you see other sellers offering the same book you have a case for defense.  But that does not necessarily mean they will say ok.  You have to appeal and I recommend that you call them, don't do it by chat.  That won't get you anywhere.   Then, take into consideration that you're going to be speaking to someone in India, not the USA or Country you're in.  Their English is broken and often difficult to understand.  Then you have to take into consideration that they aren't familiar with your Country's peculiarities.  They certainly don't 'get' Americans.  So you should insist on speaking to someone in the USA, or your country.  If you push a little on that, someone will call you back that understands you and your circumstance a little better than a foreigner.  I've had to make numerous requests before someone from the USA called me back.  Just don't give up.

Even if you can't get anywhere on the phone, don't give up if you feel you're right.  Personally, I sell antique and collectable US history books.  So if one's deemed 'offensive' I have a chance of appealing my case.  Its been 50/50 for me.

I saw one seller who complained about an OJ Simpson book he wrote as being offensive.  I can't attest to whether it is or isn't but that doesn't mean you don't have a right to appeal their decision.  If its a cheap book I can see why one wouldn't bother, but in some cases its not and worth a try.

I can't take eBay's side, nor the sellers, I can only offer you suggestions from my own experiences and for what ever its worth, I've shared it here for the rest of you.  Good luck selling!

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0