cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mrs 'Arris Goes To Paris 1958 Smaller Edition

Hi, I picked up a copy of Mrs 'Arris Goes to Paris which is about 1/2 the size of the book I'm familiar with.  Its published by Doubleday in 1958 so its an American version with illustrations by Gioia Fiammenghi.  The dust jacket says M.A.G.T.P.  $2.50 in the corner flap.  I'm curious as to what edition this is or why it is smaller than the usual editions?  I noticed the First Editions state that on the copy right page.  This one doesn't but it does have 1958 on the title page matching the copyright date.  Thanks for your thoughts.  The book measures roughly 7" x 5 1/4. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Mrs 'Arris Goes To Paris 1958 Smaller Edition

P. S. I don't think its a book club edition either with the title and price on the dust jacket, it has 4 blank pages inserted after the last page 157; doesn't have a blind stamp, the side page edges are rough cut and it has the illustrations. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Seems that you have an early printing of the trade edition. Agree that it's not a book club edition.

Nothing unusual about the size. It's a small book, about the size you describe. Where did you get the idea it should be twice as big?

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I sold another copy of this book previously which was larger than this one, that's why the size got my attention.  Thank you for your thoughts. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply