satnrose
Guide
Ask
Message 1 of 4,794
latest reply
4,793 REPLIES 4,793

Ask any question about any book Part II

Emmas: I found a cached aution from another site that MIGHT be your book:

http://74.6.239.67/search/cache?ei=UTF-8&p=%22Picture+Story+of+the+United+States+Forces+In+The+Free+Territory+Of+Trieste%22&fr=b1ie7&u=www.manions.com/bid/bid.aspx%7Eitemid%7E5934633%7Epic%7E20090523&w=%22picture+story+of+the+united+states+forces+in+the+free+territory+of+trieste%22&d=PU5FkRlMS0RL&icp=1&.intl=us
Message 3511 of 4,794
latest reply

emmas98
Enthusiast
Thanks cmb, that does look like mine, except mine is in much better condition. As far as I could tell. it didn't sell.

Maybe I will SWAG it for $100
Message 3512 of 4,794
latest reply

drnsmom
Enthusiast
Hi,
I'm hoping someone here will be able to help me. I'm trying to find out about books from The Methodist Book Concern. My mother has several from an old church, but I'm not having any luck finding information on them. When I google it I get articles on The Methodist Book Concern itself but not on the books. Any information and direction will be appreciated!

Thank you
Message 3513 of 4,794
latest reply

dmsmom - there are nearly 2000 titles published by the Methodist Book Concern on ABE:

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?bi=0&bx=off&ds=30&kn=%22+Methodist+Book+Concern%22&sortby=2&sts=t&x=108&y=10
Message 3514 of 4,794
latest reply

drnsmom
Enthusiast
Thank you very much.
Message 3515 of 4,794
latest reply

texasholdemplaya
Enthusiast
Hi , I have a few college text books to sell for my young neighbor friend. When is the best time to list? closer to September?

thanks
Message 3516 of 4,794
latest reply

nannytoo2 ~ Early August, probably. If you sell on Half.com or the big A, you can list them now and just let them sit with no fees until they sell.
Message 3517 of 4,794
latest reply

texasholdemplaya
Enthusiast
Thank you so mcu. I appreciate it!
Message 3518 of 4,794
latest reply

I have a hardback titled "Inside The Passion, an Insider's Look at The Passion of the Christ, by John Bartunek, L. C. There is a foreward by Mel Gibson.
On the page before the forward there is a dated inscription by Father Bartunek, the author, to Evelyn, with a date. With a magnifying glass it appears to be an ink signature, although of course I have no idea what his real signature looks like.

After the Mel Gibson forward, on the bottom of the page, there is another signature that appears to be Mel Gibson. Before I go crazy trying to decide if it is a real signature, does anybody know if the bottom of the forward page had a preprinted signature of Gibson?

I think I can do a comparison of signatures on my own, but if it is preprinted that will not help. The signature appears to have bubbles in it, I assume a sharpie was used.

Thanks. Mike
Message 3519 of 4,794
latest reply

Mike, I would suggest contacting a seller of the book and simply asking if their copy has a fascimile signature of Mel Gibson on the bottom of the page along with his forward text. Or perhaps your local library or bookstore has a copy of the book and you can compare yours with theirs.
Message 3520 of 4,794
latest reply

permafrost218
Enthusiast
Can you tell me anything about this book? I can't find it in any search. The title is so long I thought I'd just post a picture.
ISBN 0-517-56111-s
Photobucket
Message 3521 of 4,794
latest reply

There is a bunch on AddAll here, but you don't indicate what year you have so you'll have to wade through to find what you have:

http://used.addall.com/SuperRare/submitRare.cgi?author=&title=complete+home+medical+guide+columbia&keyword=&isbn=&order=TITLE&ordering=ASC&dispCurr=USD&binding=Any+Binding&min=&max=&timeout=20&match=Y&store=Abebooks&store=AbebooksDE&store=AbebooksFR&store=AbebooksUK&store=Alibris&store=Amazon&store=AmazonCA&store=AmazonUK&store=AmazonDE&store=AmazonFR&store=Antiqbook&store=Biblio&store=Biblion&store=Bibliophile&store=Bibliopoly&store=Booksandcollectibles&store=Half&store=ILAB&store=LivreRareBook&store=Powells&store=Strandbooks&store=ZVAB
Message 3522 of 4,794
latest reply

permafrost218
Enthusiast
Thanks for the link. I guess I did something wrong in the search.
It says copyright 1985. first edition.
Message 3523 of 4,794
latest reply

tspot242
Enthusiast
wow
Message 3524 of 4,794
latest reply

bloomkeepers
Enthusiast
Good Evening Salnrose-
Sorry did not see the Post Part II until I was done posting; so here it is on this one.
First time posting a question so do hope I am doing this correctly & not on a 5 year old discussion board! guess I will find out.

I have found a very interesting & odd book.( Please excuse my lack of knowledge & ability to articulate in "bookseller" terminology. lol Still learning, with long long road ahead).
The book appears to be maybe a sales persons copy?
Purposes of home schooling children?
Dated 1904
Has fabulous illustrations
It has multiple sections with each section beginning with each book cover.I actually have two of them each with different section topics; though same themes. Example of sections are:
* "Mother Hubbard and Mother Goose Rhymes"
* "Our babies Christmas jingles and Animal ABC's"
* "Easy Bible Lessons for Children"
* "The Child's Speaker"
*Patriotic America for Young Americans"
* "The Triumphant Home Book of Knowledge"
One of the books has a hand written list of names at the end which looks like a sales order page.
Outside of books are worn but still pretty darn solid with a flap which laps over the front. The insides are wonderful and in really good shape.
What are they called?
Do you think they are worth anything? If so how much should I list for?
Any help is very appreciated.
I've been a lurking admirer of yours for a long time. Your knowledge base is amazing & the assistance you provide here is unbelievably kind. Thanks, Marie
Bloomkeepers
Message 3525 of 4,794
latest reply