satnrose
Guide
Ask
Message 1 of 4,794
latest reply
4,793 REPLIES 4,793

Ask any question about any book Part II

satnrose,
Thank you. I still rarely think to check there for older books and was also surprised to see that the 1st ed. was selling less than some later printings and editions. But that helps; I'll keep checking back there and see if it sells even for that price.
...Sheila 3tia48
Message 1111 of 4,794
latest reply

satnrose
Guide
Also, the seller might have miscatalogued it.

[using the copyright date as the publication date]
Message 1112 of 4,794
latest reply

heeeelp! I have :
Life of John Robert Monaghan The Hero of Samoa" Ensign United States Navy 1906 H.L. McCulloch, S.J. Ex-library copy BUT inscription reads " Presented to Mr & Mrs. D. L. Toner by James Monaghan. Also, an old newspaper clipping taking about Monaghan.

Unknown publisher. In decent shape. fold out map is creased/folded. foxing, browning, some pencil marks on 1st few pages.

Maps, plates... I have only found one other copy online:
http://www.kilima.com/wsm-1000-B000881H88-Life_of_John_Robert_Monaghan_The_hero_of_Samoa.html

I'm thinking about listing it. Thinking, if it's this valuable I my part with it.

Thoughts?

Many thanks,
Patty
Message 1113 of 4,794
latest reply

sorry. here are some pics: 1906 Spokane
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Message 1114 of 4,794
latest reply

satnrose
Guide
Addall has two, by different publishers: Monaghan

If I were you,
I'd give it to eBay member pbagalleries to sell for me.

They can probably get more for it than you can.

And they have a long-established customer base.

And, they have the market for this kind of book.

And, you can trust them.

Click here: pbagalleries
Message 1115 of 4,794
latest reply

Thanks satnrose. I'm not a "book seller". I'll email them and see if they have interest.
Patty
Message 1116 of 4,794
latest reply

Nice nails.
Message 1117 of 4,794
latest reply

OMG!LOL! ya know... I was going to post something like "no comments on the toes please" but I though I'd draw attention to them .
Message 1118 of 4,794
latest reply

brown-843
Enthusiast
I am new and I have enjoyed reading your discussions and expertise. I need help trying to find information about some books I discovered at a yard sale.

THe first one is Cinderella - copyright 1911 by Sam Gabritel Sons and Co. New York, Pictured by Gordon Robinson, Printed in USA number 344, "Linenette" trademark. I've googled and even looked on a few websites I found on other discussion boards and I have not been successful. I have more, but maybe you can share sites I can look at to find the information so I won't take up your time.
Thanks!
Message 1119 of 4,794
latest reply

The out of print area on addall com will give you an idea
Message 1120 of 4,794
latest reply

brown-843
Enthusiast
Thanks for responding. I checked there and could not find it. Any other suggestions?
Message 1121 of 4,794
latest reply

3tia48:

John Abbott was a mass-market, popular historian of the middle of the 19th century. His books sold in large quantities, and there is not likely to be any collector premium for a first edition compared to an edition a few years later.
Message 1122 of 4,794
latest reply

brown-
http://used.addall.com/SuperRare/submitRare.cgi?author=&title=cinderella&keyword=344&isbn=&order=PRICE&ordering=DESC&dispCurr=USD&binding=Any+Binding&min=&max=&timeout=20&match=Y&store=Abebooks&store=AbebooksDE&store=AbebooksFR&store=AbebooksUK&store=Alibris&store=Amazon&store=AmazonCA&store=AmazonUK&store=AmazonDE&store=AmazonFR&store=Antiqbook&store=Biblio&store=Biblion&store=Bibliophile&store=Bibliopoly&store=Booksandcollectibles&store=Half&store=ILAB&store=LivreRareBook&store=Powells&store=Strandbooks&store=ZVAB
Message 1123 of 4,794
latest reply

344 isn't listed, but it will show some of the descriptions.
Go to world cat maybe, they might have a few.
Message 1124 of 4,794
latest reply

brown-843
Enthusiast
Thanks sooo much. I am new like I said. I saw you put in the #344 as ISBN. Thanks for the lesson.
Message 1125 of 4,794
latest reply