Guide
Ask
Message 1 of 4,794
latest reply
4,793 REPLIES 4,793

Ask any question about any book Part II

rocky566
Enthusiast
Hi Jonathan; Thanks for your help. I want the paperback but that copy for 5.00 is in bad condition (papers loose, etc..) and also for the Readers Digest Condensed Book. They have it mislisted and thanks I am setting up a search on ebay right now.

Appreciate your help!:-)
Message 1006 of 4,794
latest reply

Which Readers Digest Condensed Book- volume and year are you looking for?
Message 1007 of 4,794
latest reply

COULD SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT A NUMBER ON THE LAST PAGE OF TEXT WOULD MEAN? LIKE A (1) OR (14)???? THANKS.
Message 1008 of 4,794
latest reply

rocky566
Enthusiast
Hi on the edge

I don't want the Readers Digest version. I want the paperback or hardcover version. I have never found a hard cover version for this book but since the paperback is available I was trying to research how many are out there and what the price range is. This paperback on AZ is the first I've seen available.
Message 1009 of 4,794
latest reply

Oh ok, Good luck!:-)
Message 1010 of 4,794
latest reply

fulltimer56:

There are two copies for sale on abebooks: Mulock.

The letters underneath the copyright notice are Harper's codes for the printing date of this copy; E-X means May, 1923.
Message 1011 of 4,794
latest reply

marsail:

Appleton used a number in parentheses on the last page of the text to indicate the printing of the book.
Message 1012 of 4,794
latest reply

jmgrobe & oldbookshopnj:
Thank you.
Just because you live in the North, doesn't mean you have to cook like a Yankee!
Message 1013 of 4,794
latest reply

fulltimer56
Thrill-Seeker
Thank you, jmgrobe & oldbookshopnj!

I'm going to be listing it in my store but I was looking to see what kind of price to sell it for. I don't want to over-charge for it but I don't want to give it away, if you know what I mean!

It's really a nice old book and in way better condition that I usually find books in!

Thanks,
Linda

Make sure to come visit us at The Corral!! Check my ME page for the link!

Comics Board Birthday Link

Cooks Nook Board Birthday Link

Operation Paperback
Recycled Reading for the Our Troops

Make sure to come visit us at The Corral!! Check my ME page for the link!

Comics Board Birthday Link

Cooks Nook Board Birthday Link

Message 1014 of 4,794
latest reply

The Poor Dear Dollies, no publication date, no author, paperback. I found it in Mom's stuff, of course, and can't find any information about it, which tells me I'm looking in the wrong places, so I though maybe someone here could point me to the right places.
Message 1015 of 4,794
latest reply

books4janmilo
Enthusiast
Hello, I am a frequent lurker here just trying to glean from everyone's posts. However, today I was fortunate enough to find a couple of (hopefully) valuable books.

The first: Europe on $5.00 a day 1965-66. This one is in near fine condition. I have looked on Abe, Addall, Albris, Amazon, as well as e-bay. This one looks pretty hard to find. I see that a previous poster sold one on e-bay for $59.00 recently.

The second: Phantom by Susan Kay. This one is HCDJ, it is a 1st Edition with a date of April 1991 with a full number line, and also in near fine condition. I tried to research this one through the same sites but am unsure as to how to list these two. I would appreciate any help. Would they be better off on the River? or should I just SWAG them? Thanks in advance, Janet
Message 1016 of 4,794
latest reply

satnrose
Guide
eclectic_miscellany : worldcat.org identifies two books with that title:

1. The poor dear dollies
by May Byron; Rosa C Petherick
Language: English Type: Book : Fiction : Primary school
Publisher: London : Henry Frowde, Hodder and Stoughton, [190-?]

2. The poor dear dollies.
Language: English Type: Book : Fiction : Juvenile audience
Publisher: New York, N.Y. : Merrimack, [19--?]

books4janmilo : Swag.

I'd be tempted to put the second one on the River
if there are not too many there.
Message 1017 of 4,794
latest reply

There are couple copies of Poor Dear Dollies on ABE at $8 and $10 if it is the Merrimack publication:
http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?sby=key&stext=%22poor+dear+dollies
--
Jonathan Grobe
Message 1018 of 4,794
latest reply

Thank you, satnrose and jmgrobe. It is the London publisher. I hope, one by one, to figure out some bit of something about every one of them that doesn't have a publication date on it. What I'm going to do with them after that, I don't know, but learning about them will probably turn out to be a good part of the fun!
Message 1019 of 4,794
latest reply

jeanettedb
Enthusiast
Hi, hope someone can help me with this book. I have searched Addall, Bookfinder, and Google and have found no copies. Maybe because it has no value - but before I donate it... It is called The Gloucester Book, written and illustrated by Frank L. Cox, copyright 1921. Its paperbound and only 80 pages. I'm assuming it was self published because there is only a White & Gaffney, Inc Printers on the title page. Lots of photos, many copyrighted Frank L. Cox. Any idea as to value? Thank you, Jeanette

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Message 1020 of 4,794
latest reply