cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I stuck Size-Selection, even though I made a request after 35 minutes the purchase?

Hello:

I purchased the winter coat and paid through PayPal.  After that , I realized its size-selection which is  'M' is preferable, not 'S.'  The transaction is international, not domestic.

I immediately an e-mail to the seller by using 'contact the seller.'  However, I received an e-mail ' indicating that the item was shipped, instead of a response to my request, 'size selection.'

All of those occurred so quick and instant only within one hour' period, .... from its purchase to the shipping. My request to a size-change was only 35 minutes  after its purchase.

I never experienced 'almost instant shipping notice,' then just wondering whether I'm stuck with an undesirable size selection.  Return is almost impossible seeing its international transaction.

Any inputs on this issue would be grateful.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I stuck Size-Selection, even though I made a request after 35 minutes the purchase?

Than ks for the responses.

GOOD NEWS I got early this morning when I clicked to open my e-mail.

The seller e-mailed and assured me Size is M,'...... telling me very kindly 'don't worry.'

The seller is not only one of best eBay sellers  but also a very caring and understanding individual/employee to work with eBay customers.  I truly recommend the truly caring seller. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

If the seller accepts returns, you can return it at your own expense. Or you can sell it. The seller may have printed the label before checking his messages. Sellers aren't required to cancel so yes you might be stuck with the size you ordered.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

@springa392012,

"I realized its size-selection which is  'M' is preferable, not 'S.'  The transaction is international, not domestic".

If you wanted Small and ordered Medium by mistake, and this is a Chinese seller. Chances are the coat may fit, since the sizes chinese give are geared towards people of smaller stature. 

"I immediately an e-mail to the seller by using 'contact the seller.'  However, I received an e-mail ' indicating that the item was shipped, instead of a response to my request, 'size selection.'

All of those occurred so quick and instant only within one hour' period, .... from its purchase to the shipping. My request to a size-change was only 35 minutes  after its purchase".

As is typical of chinese sellers, they did not tell you the truth.  The order may have been printed out for pulling, but it is very doubtful it was shipped. They just did  not want to go through the hassle of tracking down your order and changing it.   This is one of the problems with high volume sellers, and especially the chinese, who generally have very poor customer service. 

"

Since returns of clothing because of the wrong size tend to be decided in favor of the seller,  you have to beware of buying clothing from abroad.  Especially since you would be responsible for paying the return shiping with tracking, which would probably cost more than the coat and the original shipping.  Then there is a strong possibility the returned item would be "lost" or never scanned as delivered, and you would be out additional funds.  

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

The seller e-mailed and assured me Size is M,'...... telling me very kindly 'don't worry.'

The seller is not only one of best eBay sellers  but also a very caring and understanding individual/employee to work with eBay customers.  I truly recommend the truly caring seller. 

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

If you wanted a size M and it's a China purchase maybe you should have ordered about a 3X to make sure it will fit.  Also, don't wash it.  You will most likely end up with a smaller size as well as a different color.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@springa392012 wrote:

I would not place too much value on the seller's response.  That sounds like just a generic reassurance to get you off his back.  Nothing really caring or otherwise exceptional about that; it is like getting that annual Christmas card from your insurance company.  It is meaningless and completely impersonal.  Just like with eBay's own customer service, these big sellers will just tell you anything to get you to shut up.

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

They will probably send a small as then the size would deem it buyer remorse for "doesn't fit" and the OP will have to pay return shipping herself since she did order a small~~or keep it.  Then if she wants a medium she'll have to buy another either from this seller or from one of the other hundreds of names this same seller sells under.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

maybe you could just buy the tag and sew it in! i think the only difference between small, medium and large is the tag itself.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

If it's from China that's very true.  I remember reading not too long ago that a buyer bought a shirt~~it fit her 6 year old.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

There many, many Chinese sellers posted  eBay site with non-imaginable price tags.

If they all are non-responsible eBay sellers, .... just wondering why eBay allows all of those Chinese merchants to sell on eBay?  That's  a big question to me, seeing that eBay is a very reputable on-line site.  Probably, next to Amazon, or what else?

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@springa392012 wrote:

Sadly there is 99.999% chance that you will get the size that you paid for, and only a .001% chance that you will get the size you really wantcry

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

For many years, ...more than 10 years I've been doing eBay and actually purchased a number of items, including few clothings from overseas, particularly China and there are no any horrible experiences like the responses, above.  Rather, I see them cauteous and caring, nice sellersslight_smile.  However, it might be ONLY me, .... or not many on this site, eBay about which I don't know.

After the receipt(probably 3 weeks or so), I will post it if there is a discrepancy to the preferrable size-selection, because I followed 'measurement chart' listed below the item description. Otherwise, I'm happy to get the item with an right size, M. Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I see your broken English even in the feedback you leave.  Are you from China yourself?  That could be why China clothing fit you.  Your ID is a member since 2012~~not even 6 years.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

No, I am not.  I've been on eBay more than 10 years by using other name.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply