cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have Mint Condition Beanies

I recently found some old beanie babies with tags still on them and I heard they were worth something so I wanted to know. I have:

-Peanuts the baby blue elephant 

-Snort the Red Bull

-Shelly the Seahorse

-Ringo the Raccoon

-Peace Bear with the embroidered patch

please email me at @ohaloyas123@gmail.com 

if you’re interested in them and I’ll negotiate the price 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Have Mint Condition Beanies

worth a few dollars each.
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Based on your comments on this and other questions, @corridor86, it seems very few Beanies are worth anything - is there some sort of scamming going on with the listings I see going for multiple thousands of dollars (often with very little or incorrect information in the listing)? I started looking because I found my old Beanie Babies in storage and realized some were in good shape with tags and got curious, but based on the tush tags being 3rd gen & up it looks like that means they're all 4th gen and above and therefore worth effectively nothing.

However, despite what you're saying - which I 100% believe and am not trying to debate you on at all - I'm seeing some 4th gens (like this Peace bear, with SERIOUSLY ALMOST NO INFORMATION IN THE LISTING) going for $5k in recent listings - are these just flukes? Scams of some kind? It boggles my mind that anyone would pay this much for a Beanie Baby in 2019, nevermind one that's got almost no information about it in the listing and that's DEFINITELY, by the tag, a 4th gen or above (actually I think 5th gen from the font if I zoom in).

Thanks for any info you can give - this is really just curiosity at this point.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Now I look at it, even that Peace bear I called out seems to have been sold in that auction, but actually got relisted with the same photos & info then eventually ended...I'm just confused about how this all looks.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Those listings on Ebay are asking prices......not sold prices.Yes people on there list their 1-5 dollar beanies for thousand hoping someone will make an offer of a few hundred making a buyer think he/she got a great deal.You could say that's a scam indeed,Sellers lurking on unsuspected and unknowledgeable buyers. There are Valuable Beanies out there as well.Knowledge is key to not getting ripped off.
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

people are misleading you and using a second screen name or a friend to make a fake purchase and then it goes to sold listings and then people see that and buy another beanie identical and a higher price.Then the seller relist the original posting because it was a scam the whole time.Best to know what beanies are worth,then believe all the nonsence out there.
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Thank you so much for this! I was expecting it was something like that - still happy I went through my Beanies today, as they're full of fond childhood memories, but also glad to know that there wasn't a new car waiting anywhere in the bunch that are in less than mint condition as all of mine are at least 3rd gen tush tags and therefore would be 4th gens overall at the oldest. 🙂

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Your Most welcome. Beanie Generations are known by their Hang tags,not the tush tags. Theirs a hang tag chart that you can get if you google it. This will help you identify what generation your beanie is. 1st,2nd,3rd generations are the most sought after and are rare beanies.exclusive,event beanies are rare as well if you have cartain beanies.Theres other rare beanies as well.Good luck...… Hope you have some rare beanies.
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

People who would like to know the true value of what they have can easily do research on the internet to find out what their things are worth. Just be careful and do your searches with reputable places. Just because something is 1st, second or even fifth generation does not in and of its self determine its worth. It also depends on what the person is selling, the condition and other factors as we collectors our whole lives well know! There are places here on the net for finding the true values of not only Beenies but too cards, stamps, coins, marbles and the list just goes on and on. If it were me I would not automatically take what others here on EBay say without first doing my own research again from reputable places that know what is of value and for what their true worth is. One might be a pleasantly surprised as to what they may have been holding on to and had no idea! I not too long ago read about this woman who had bought what she thought was a costume ring only to find out recently what she had was worth millions of dollars. True story. Do some research on that story and you will find it. Truth be told. One never knows! Blessings to all!!!

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
My best friend not only left me her collection, but a book The Second Original Greenbook Guide To Ty Beanie Babies. I helped her sell many of her very large collection before she passed, and gave me instructions on selling. Now since I finally found the book and comparing the compeditive prices out here, I think Im more confused. Any advise?
Also, what about the Ty Skansen Beanies? I have the very first Rainbow, and I also have the Beanie kids but they are Aminals Boris the Brontosaurus, and Purr the cat but she swing tag says Giggles the Twin Bear??
I also have The Skansen kids and they are ocean animals, but just a few.I tried to reach out to the Aulstrian stores to get knowledge, information with no help. Where are the best research areas??
Much love for taking time to read...
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

If I were you I would just do some research here on the internet. If your friend had that book for years chances are some of the Beenies may have either increased or decreased in value. Things of value tend to go up and down in value. I think a lots having to do with the market and what others are looking for at that time and how many are estimated to possibly be still out here and available for the public to buy, whether they are retired, becoming more extinct, etc... Again if I were you my friend I would just do some research on prices, values, what to look for in how they value them and so on, but as I always say just be careful and make sure they are a reputable place if I were you, someone who has been doing this for years and has credentials. There may also be some local professionals too that may know about these cute little Beenies! Just another thought. Wishing you the very best and many Blessings!

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I have not found a reliable site outside of Ebay that in any way generates "pricing guidelines" for Beanie Babies

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

I know personally in the past two weeks I have bought Ringo and Peace for $1 each MWMT and Peanut Light Blue for $4.

Not sure on the others.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply