cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Found large stash of mint condition Beanie Babies when cleaning out parents house

Hi all,

I was one of those kids who bought beanie babies to store in containers and never touch. I completely forgot about them and I was recently cleaning out my mom's house and I found them in my old bed room. The whole set were in individual containers and most had tag protectors too. I just went through them and using this site (https://parade.com/1172319/stephanieosmanski/most-valuable-beanie-babies/) identified the ones I have that are worth anything. I'm looking for the best way to sell all these and figured I would come here first. I have the following list almost all of which are first edition with the numerical format name and style type. Almost all are PVC and they are chock full of errors. Please let me know if any interest you and I can provide more pictures and an asking price.

- Princess Diana bear (PE pellets

- Ringo, Bones, and Peace combo.

-Hippity, Hoppity, Flopsity

-Bubbles

-Weenie

-Sparky, with dotty tush tag

-Rainbow the Chameleon

-93 Patti the Platapus

-Pouch

-Jolly

-Valentino

-Gobbles

-Pinchers

These are the ones with the errors on tagging issues that make them worth stuff. I also have Twigs, Stinky, Scoop, Iggy, and a bunch of others that probably aren't worth as much.

Again, these are all mint condition, never played with, stored in plastic containers out of sunlight for the last 25/30 years. Please let me know if you are interested in learning more about any of the above.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Found large stash of mint condition Beanie Babies when cleaning out parents house

Sorry, but they are not worth as much as some think.

As far as the errors, I've never seen one that didn't have errors.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Re: Found large stash of mint condition Beanie Babies when cleaning out parents house

@kensgiftshop , So is my find worth anything?

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Unfortunately they are likely only worth a few dollars each.  Of course you should do your own research but a lot of the prices on eBay are over inflated due to scammers using them as an item to launder money with.  Reality is a lot of people did the same you did thinking there would be some crazy return on their investment, including myself.  I had the tub out at my garage sale last year and only sold about 10 of them for a dollar each.  The bears (including princess di) weren't touched.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

@crazymooseliquor wrote:

@kensgiftshop , So is my find worth anything?

Probably not much, you'll just have to research each one.

I've sold a few for $10 and free shipping and it took awhile to sell those.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

@crazymooseliquor,

If you have registered as a seller with eBay, you can use the Terapeak research tool in the seller hub to do pricing research. This will show you all the items you are searching for which have been sold on eBay in a given time interval, up to 3 years. With the actual selling price and shipping cost that the buyers paid for each listing, and links to the listings that ended within the last 90 days.

Here's an example searching for "rare princess di beanie baby", which is probably the best-selling one. This is showing the last 4 months of sales:

https://www.ebay.com/sh/research?marketplace=EBAY-US&keywords=rare+princess+di+beanie+baby&dayRange=...

lacemaker3_0-1707751040491.png

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

As suggested, you will need to do your own research.  

Maybe you didn't know this, but you can't use the Boards to offer things for sale.  

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

I did not know that so thanks for letting me know. I'm new to boards so I didn't really know how they work.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

I didn't know about this feature. Thanks for sharing.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

How much do you want for them??

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Well when I first saw the article and all the large postings, I was like, oh man, I have like $100k of beanie babies. But as this thread has shown me, that is not reality. I went through the recent sales of the ones I have and when it is all added up, its about $3k for the lot. Real mood killer to the hype the article made it seem was there. So I was going to be doing a bulk listing for all of them for that $3k number and see what the markets decide, but don't have high expectations anymore.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Ugh - this old chestnut.  Scammers don’t use eBay to launder money.  No self-respecting criminal wants to give up his SSN, bank account number, pay 13% in fees, then have his funds put on hold.

and why would anyone looking to launder money choose eBay?  Plenty of sites that have much lower fees and less oversight.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

I have a ton as well and a lot of rare ones. Let me know if you are interested! 

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

If you have something to sell, get registered as an eBay seller and list it.

These Boards are not for the  purpose of listing items for sale.  

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

If you are "new to the boards" and really don't know how they work, may I suggest you do more reading?

Think about it:  If the Boards were the appropriate place to list items for sale, wouldn't we see lots more posts like yours? 

Message 15 of 15
latest reply