cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anybody know who these doll stands belong to?

Hello everyone,

I found these in a box of 50's / 60s Barbie / Vogue etc doll clothes. I know they are not Barbie stands. Would anyone happen to know who they DO belong to.

Maybe they are not even doll stands at all.

They are about 2.5" high. Stamped 1966 Mattel Inc Japan

TIA

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: anybody know who these doll stands belong to?

They are Barbie stands, ones like this came with most dolls between 1967 and 1971.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@collectingbarbie wrote:
They are Barbie stands, ones like this came with most dolls between 1967 and 1971.

WOW! No kidding! You learn something new everyday.

I always thought / assumed they just had those metal stands. (thus my statment above about KNOWING they werent Barbie)  ::eating words::  lol

Anybody still use these types of stands?

Thanks so much for your help.

Have a safe holiday weekend.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

They are rather odd looking stands. I usually send $20 AUD for them including postage. Many people use these stands.

No worries. You have a safe weekend too 🙂
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

The new Twist n Turn Barbie that came out in 1966-67  had this new kind of stand. They actually work very well holding up the dolls. Turn the stand upside down and its a seat for the doll to sit on. They are very sought after by collectors. Good find!!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@janice5666 wrote:

The new Twist n Turn Barbie that came out in 1966-67  had this new kind of stand. They actually work very well holding up the dolls. Turn the stand upside down and its a seat for the doll to sit on. They are very sought after by collectors. Good find!!

Good to know, thank you 🙂

Thank you TOO collectingbarbie for your reply.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply