cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help ID this doll see photos

This doll has us stumped, no luck for days of searching. Please help! Thanks in advance for any and all help.

devtinagub
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Please help ID this doll see photos

@devtinagub1 

I have looked through a couple of my Barbie books and about all I can tell you for certain is that Mattel has used many different head molds for their line of dolls.  I can say with most certainty that this head mold is the Hispanic head mold that was used in the early 80's for a number of their Barbie line dolls.  She is not a Barbie, but is one of the 'friends' line of dolls.   In one of my books there is a photo of Sunsational Malibu Hispanic Barbie; 1982.  There is not a good close-up photo of the face, so can't see color of eyeshadow, how many high-lights there are in the eyes(these are used in assisting with identification of a particular doll) etc. etc.   For sure who exactly she is, I don't know, but, can say with conviction, it is the Hispanic head mold. 

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I'm seeing just one photo and that is the one showing before opening the post to read.   But, I have seen that doll because I have had her in my collection.  I finally parted with her because I could never figure out who she was!  Let us know if you do(find out). 

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

i believe she is Disney's Belle.

G'day on eBay ~ ~ ~ Diane
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@devtinagub1 

I have looked through a couple of my Barbie books and about all I can tell you for certain is that Mattel has used many different head molds for their line of dolls.  I can say with most certainty that this head mold is the Hispanic head mold that was used in the early 80's for a number of their Barbie line dolls.  She is not a Barbie, but is one of the 'friends' line of dolls.   In one of my books there is a photo of Sunsational Malibu Hispanic Barbie; 1982.  There is not a good close-up photo of the face, so can't see color of eyeshadow, how many high-lights there are in the eyes(these are used in assisting with identification of a particular doll) etc. etc.   For sure who exactly she is, I don't know, but, can say with conviction, it is the Hispanic head mold. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thank you for the information. Only months after but still appreciate it.

devtinagub
Message 5 of 5
latest reply