cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holiday Barbie Blue Book?

I'm working on making a collection for my daughter right now that I can flip for a profit in 12 years when it's ready for her to go to college since Bonds and CDs are out of the question with our broken economy in the US...

I've been trying to construct a basic blue book value for the dolls and I haven't been able to locate one specifically for the Happy Holidays Barbie collection...

I realize, even MIB some aren't 'worth' much right now, but in 12 years, who knows, but for the moment, while I'm BUYING them, I want to make sure I'm not getting ripped off either....

Here's what I'm looking to value -

Happy Holidays Barbies 1988 - 2012 MIB & Mint out of Box (including all variations, African American, Special Brunette/Blonde releases)

Happy Holidays Barbie Hallmark Ornaments MIB

And also, if anyone has any info on this, what is the entire collection MIB worth when sold all together, like if I was going to sell it tomorrow,  Just curious on the matter there...

I plan on buying outside the collection once I have completed it up to this year (2012) of course I'll be looking forward to the 2013 version too, but while awaiting it's released I'll be picking up Gold and Platinum label Barbies where I can to add to the value as college is extremely important to me and I want to make sure my kids can go without any financial backlashes

For example, I've been looking for a 1994 Brunette Special Festival edition Barbie... however, the pricing is all over the place.  I mean, I was looking at one that was being sold and the guy was selling it for $250, no one bid on it and it ended, I was actually gathering the money to get it at the time, I knew I couldn't bid and then ask him to wait for me on my end if I won, but I figured if no one bid on it, he'd relist it...

and he did relist it,

but he jumped the price to $550!  I have no idea why, complete shock to me, now I know I can't get it for that price, and it bothers me that it might not even be worth that much, no one bid on it for $250, why would anyone buy it for $550?  I don't want to feel like I'm throwing my money away. 😞

Thanks for the information, much appreciated!

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Holiday Barbie Blue Book?

I have 1994 1995 1997 1998 2001 2004. Trying to figure out price to sell them for. Any ideas all in perfect condition  beside 1995 bottom is falling out. Any ideas please and thanks 

Message 16 of 16
latest reply