cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

visa gift card

I have a visa gift card for $25.  If I make a purchase for more than $25 am I able to apply the gift card and then use paypal for the difference?

Thanks

View Entire Topic

Yes & no.

To use your VISA gift card online, you need to register it.  Check the back of the card for instructions.

Once registered, you can add it to your Paypal account Wallet as a prepaid card.

Now here's the catch...

You cannot split a payment between multiple debit / credit / prepaid cards and / or bank accounts.

My suggestion:

Add the card to your Paypal account.

Then use it to purchase a $25 eBay digital gift card.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251669833365

Don't forget to select this card as your funding source during checkout.

You CAN use up to 8 eBay gift cards totalling no more than $500 for a single purchase payment.

You CAN split a payment between eBay gift card(s) and one debit / credit / prepaid card or bank account.

eBay gift cards are applied to payments during checkout when you are purchasing something.  

They cannot be added to your account ahead of time.

When you are making a purchase, proceed to checkout.

Assuming you will be using eBay's new version of checkout....

( 1 ) On the first page of checkout, select Paypal as your payment method.

( 2 ) A small window will appear for you to log in to your Paypal account.

( 3 ) Once log in is completed, the small window will vanish.

( 4 ) Scroll down & input your eBay gift card code, click Apply.

( 5 ) Repeat ( 4 ) for additional codes.

( 6 ) Verify that your shipping address is correct.

( 7 ) If the gift card(s) were not enough to cover the full cost of the item, verify that your additional funding source (bank account or credit card) at the top of the page is correct.

( 8 ) Click [ Confirm and pay ].

If you don't use the entire card balance, the residual amount will remain on the card AND will be permanently attached to your Paypal account.