cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to bid due to unpaid or cancel sales. please help!!! thanks!!

Hello! I have a question for the community. I would like to place bids on eBay items but certain sellers will not allow me too because I 2 unpaid or cancelled buys which i believe have been longer then 6 months. both of unpaid or canceled items were bought by my son without my permission  and i either had to cancel or couldn't pay they item. how do i appeal this and get off this naughty list. ill take any advice! thanks 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@gregw_86 

You cannot appeal them. The unpaid item "strikes" stay on your account for 12 months.

You are responsible for all activity on your account, regardless of who used your account.

Hopefully you changed your password.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

That is not a valid reason to appeal.  You are responsible for the actions of those who you allow to access your account (intentionally or negligently) and should have paid (and asking to cancel is not a substitute for paying).

Whether you can buy an item depends on the seller you are trying to buy from.  Some don't enable that Buyer Requirement (block) at all.  Some enable it but at more lenient parameters than the strictest level of blocking anyone with 2  in the past 12 months (some leave it at the defaults which are the lowest number for each parameter--2 strikes in the past 1 month--some long-time sellers haven't updated it from the old maximum timeframe of 6 months which sound like the ones you have run into so far, and some for whatever reason choose to give more than second chances--the choices go up to 100 strikes in the lookback period).

So for the strictest level you will no longer be blocked by any seller (for that reason anyway) 12 months (and 1 day) after your second to last strike was issued (I know eBay no longer uses that term but it's a lot easier to type and comprehend than what the PR types decided eBay would call it).  For those who don't have it set you can buy right now (assuming no other issues, such as running into your buying limits or another Buyer Requirement by that seller).  For any other combination of x strikes in y months they will not apply to you when your xth to last strike is older than y months.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply