cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shipping system changing First Class to Priority

Hello,

I'm selling and shipping some small items currently that fit into padded envelopes. Weight as been 2-3 oz. I selected First Class in the shipping calculator and see the price at ~$1.00. Then when someone purchases the item and I use the eBay system to print the label, First Class is nowhere to be seen and I my cheapest option is Priority at 3-4 times the price. I've been dinged a few times already this week and need to figure this out because I have probably 10 more items listed this way. Thanks for your ideas!

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Make sure you are on the custom packaging tab - not the carrier provided packaging tab.  All of the carrier provided packaging is for priority or express.

The least expensive first class package is a bit over $3.  You can't print a label for a service that doesn't have tracking, and you can't use a plain envelope with stamps if the item is over 1/4" thick.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Make sure you are on the custom packaging tab - not the carrier provided packaging tab.  All of the carrier provided packaging is for priority or express.

The least expensive first class package is a bit over $3.  You can't print a label for a service that doesn't have tracking, and you can't use a plain envelope with stamps if the item is over 1/4" thick.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply