cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

first class change to ground advantage do we have to make changes or is ebay handling this?

what is the ebay policy for this change that is happening,,, BTW I am not looking for opinions thoughts ect... this is an ENORMOUS manual process that i need to fix and if ebay is NOT going to wipe out our listings what is a easy fix?

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: first class change to ground advantage do we have to make changes or is ebay handling this?

See this post for how to make the change easily with business policies or bulk edit. eBay adjusted parcel select.  First class was ours to edit.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping/Update-to-USPS-Ground-Advantage-with-the-Bulk-Edit-Tool/m-p/3...

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Re: first class change to ground advantage do we have to make changes or is ebay handling this?

every listing i have is different, weight size ect... will this allow me to just pull the first class and change them?  our business model is not diplicate items,. its each item varies

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

how can i get help for a business like ours that every item is different, size, weight classification ect...

this appears to be for sellers who list the same weight size ect...

We list one item that is freight then one that is UPS then one that is USPS 4 oz, then one that is 12oz...

this is the challenge? 

does anyone from EBAY have answers... we pay fees to them they should provide us answers.

i appreciate help from sellers BUTTT (yes BUTT) your not getting paid to help, ebay is a MULTI BILLON $ company and should provide us to help them

Does everyone agree

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

@michigan_tactical 

I don't know if anyone found an easy way to ID items by service. Let me ask an expert -

@shipscript  Do you know if there is a way to select items by service?  I seem to remember you were pondering the issue 🙂  Thanks!

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

@wooden_flower 

Thanks for the tag!  Yes, there is an easy way to ID items by service.

@michigan_tactical 

This tool will scan your listings and produce a spreadsheet report of shipping methods. 

https://isdntek.com/ebaytools/BulkShippingScanner.htm

You have 307 listings with a First Class shipping option, and two of those also have an international option.  All 307 use calculated shipping. If you edit listings in bulk, you will need to repeat all of your shipping services for each affected item.

Bulk Shipping ScannerBulk Shipping Scanner

Revise in bulk:

You can sort Seller Hub and your spreadsheet report in the same order, and then go down the list to checkmark boxes in Seller Hub. Open the selected listings in eBay's bulk editor and modify the Domestic Shipping. When the overlay opens, you will first need to select "Calculated" for the group and then select the service levels. Notice that combined shipping is also in this group of changes.

Bulk Editor - domestic shippingBulk Editor - domestic shipping

Another simpler option is to upload a FileExchange spreadsheet revision to Seller Hub > Reports > Uploads.  This method will require all shipping service parameters be included for each listing in the upload: domestic services, international services, shipping type (calculated), along with any selected rate tables and shipping discounts.  I suspect yours are pretty simple.  I don't think this upload would affect your dimensions, but let me perform some tests first to verify. 

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

how will that  work, i have freight, UPS, fedex and USPS flat rate and USPS 1st class   every time we sell is different in every classification ?

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

also with your software in the T&C's what is your resolution for errors in uploads, what is your SLA with me (user) getting errors in uploads fixed?

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

also is your API bi directional with ebay, IE, do you error check data in and out of ebay for errors and provide us reports on any?  I am concerned about errors in data in and out and changes.  can you please provide specifics, we operate 6 stores and this can be useful

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@michigan_tactical 

The online tool creates a report. What you do with that report is up to you.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

this is still manual, does anyone have a bi directional data feed with ebay? 

that would allow us to do bulk edits of all fields with a simple database

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@michigan_tactical 

Paid listing services have a bidirectional option. Bidirectional interface to a seller account requires setting a token, which requires a subscription to the service.

eBay has a unidirectional upload through Seller Hub that allows bulk updating. Upload a spreadsheet to make changes to existing listings. Your spreadsheet would look something like this:

ActionItemIDShippingTypeShippingService-1:LocationShippingService-1:PriorityShippingService-1:OptionShippingService-1:CostShippingService-2:LocationShippingService-2:PriorityShippingService-2:OptionShippingService-2:Cost
Revise284925569481CalculatedUS1USPSParcel5.00    
Revise285319563366CalculatedUS1USPSParcel5.00US2Pickup0
Revise284446730476CalculatedUS1USPSParcel8.00    

Otherwise, you can apply for a developer account and use your own server to upload (and download) feeds of the same data. Read about feeds here:

https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/sell/feed/overview.html

First Class to Advantage is a single event. It sounds like you want something long term, rather than a quick fix?

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

yup long term fix. i have 25 yrs in tech and im looking for a "easy" button for uploading listings.  my challenge is every item i list is different and its a direct relation time and money time = money

nobody seems to get that, tech support, ect... all costs me $$$

i just need it to work and no hassle

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

I thought about that, but with all the errors ebay has in the there software and my ADHD i cant change 500+ listings and worry are they done right.  and I cant find in the T&C's of ebay policy the verbiage on dev work like this.  I look at change as risk and what %'age of error may happen and whos responsible to fix it and how long?

I'm running this as a business not a hobby and I feel most people dont understand how much time it takes to make profitable sales, selling $50,000 a month @ 1% profit gets your wolesaler rich not us

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

You may still want to fix your current issue.

As it is, your calculated FCP shipping is showing a package rate, and when you plan to ship, eBay will offer Ground Advantage as your label option. So that will likely work until the end of the year as you sell off those items or revise active listings.

As for the future of automating your listing process,  selling $50,000 per month at 1% profit ($500/mo) is not a business, but rather busyness. Such an income stream might not even warrant looking for a developer.

I don't think any company will claim accountability for lost sales or lost time. eBay and the other third party tools make no claims of usability at all, or may limit their liability to fixing bugs in their tools, and nothing further. We know from the forums that eBay can not restore data that they have lost due to bugs and such.  See eBay's agreement here:

15. Disclaimer of Warranties; Limitation of Liability

How are you currently creating your listings? Are your suppliers providing a spreadsheet of data?

On this account, your listings are spread across 34 different parent categories (178 leaf categories). Have you considered trimming down the number of categories for which you could need an entirely different set of item specifics?

In many cases, you can use the same upload template for related categories.

You can download the item specifics from your current listings here to evaluate how to change your business processes:

https://www.isdntek.com/ebaytools/ItemSpecificScanner.htm 

Message 15 of 15
latest reply