cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

final value fees for car

I would like to know what are the final value fees for selling a $10,000 car on EBay motors. What is the percentage (%).  I will be selling only 1 car in 2022

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

final value fees for car

That's right, no additional fee will be billed to you by eBay.

You also need to understand that the sale isn't binding. Both the seller and buyer can walk away from the sale for any reason.  As the seller, you would still be billed for the Insertion fee since that doesn't depend on the vehicle actually being sold. 

And once the buyer has paid, they can not return the vehicle or get any refund.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

final value fees for car

final value fees for car

They talk about insertions fees but not final value fees

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

final value fees for car

Fees for motor vehicles have a totally different structure than the fee structure in most categories.  There is no "Final Value Fee" (although there is a "Successful Listing Fee" if you use the more advanced listing structure as opposed to a package).

Low volume sellers generally use a "Package" which covers eBay fees whether the vehicle sells or not.  Reread the section on Packages for low volume sellers on the page linked by *lady*madonna*.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

final value fees for car

When you list a vehicle using the eBay quick listing tool, as a low-volume seller you have 3 package options to choose from - Basic, Plus, and Premium that each have a Fee that you pay whether or not he vehicle sells.  eBay does not charge an additional successful listing fee.

Here's the Vehicle Sales policy:   https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/motors-fees?id=4127

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

final value fees for car

So if I understand correctly, the only fees that I will have to pay are the insertion fees . If I am a low-volume (car) seller and I decide to list a car using the Premium package, I will pay only $79.00 (wether I sell or not) and there are no final value fees like if was selling a watch (15%) or a vinyl record (12.55%)?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

final value fees for car

That's right, no additional fee will be billed to you by eBay.

You also need to understand that the sale isn't binding. Both the seller and buyer can walk away from the sale for any reason.  As the seller, you would still be billed for the Insertion fee since that doesn't depend on the vehicle actually being sold. 

And once the buyer has paid, they can not return the vehicle or get any refund.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

final value fees for car

Thanks for your help 😀

Message 8 of 8
latest reply