cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Standard Envelope Shipping to Puerto Rico

I have been selling on eBay using eBay standard envelope for the past month and I have shipped nearly 50 of them out but I just encountered a problem that I have not had before. eBay keeps giving me a warning saying "Something went wrong and we were not able to generate the label." whenever I try to purchase the label to print. This was also my first purchase from someone in Puerto Rico, I am not sure if that has an affect on printing the label. His address by default takes up 5 lines instead of 3-4 which may play a factor as well. I am just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and can help me out, thank you.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: eBay Standard Envelope Shipping to Puerto Rico

At least one other person has complained about this - we have not seen a solution or a definite explanation of what causes the problem.  His address can not be 5 lines - a US address can only be 4 lines max.  Make sure the state is PR and the country USA with a zip code.

It is possible for a person from PR to register with the country PR instead of it being the state.  This would cause a problem, since the standard envelope is USA only.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

The buyer has his country marked as Puerto Rico instead of the United States which is probably causing the problem.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Yes -  you will need to ask the buyer for his zip, if it doesn't show. then change it to PR USA xxxxx.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply