cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is when I pay for promoted listings I still have no views.

I'm not very good at marketing evidently, so if I pay for promotional help should there not be some result. Am I wasting my money on promo's?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Why is when I pay for promoted listings I still have no views.

eBay can't guarantee potential buyers will click on a link to open your listing, they can only guarantee that your listing will have more exposure than similar listings. If no one is in the market for a given item based on the title and photo, no one will click on the listing no matter how many times eBay puts it in front of them.

One thing you can do is search for an item like yours, then scroll down and check the box to see Sold items. See what you're doing differently than the seller who sold the similar item. Was the title better? Was the photo better? Was the price better? See what changes you might be able to make to the listing that will attract more buyers.

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Why is when I pay for promoted listings I still have no views.

In addition to the previous reply, what percentage are you promoting at?  Others might be promoting at a higher rate.  I resisted using promoted listings until September 2022, and once I started, it was only for selected items at a 3% rate.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 3 of 3
latest reply