cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why in the H——L is eBay showing my private stats under Community Forum? I never gave permission for

Did you realize that if you Google your eBay username your private stats will appear for the world to see your personal email address?

How do you get yours removed? This Khoros website seems to be the problem.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Why in the H——L is eBay showing my private stats under Community Forum? I never gave permission

Hi @dizfun 

It sounds like it works like the Bid History in auctions:  everyone sees their own Username ... but everyone else's is 'masked'.  [Many people come here wondering how to mask theirs as well ... not realizing that it already is to everyone else.]

You see your email addy ... but no one else can.  You shouldn't be able to see anyone else's ... which you can test by Googling another's Username ... and see if you are shown the same kind of personal stats you saw with your own ID..

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Why in the H——L is eBay showing my private stats under Community Forum? I never gave permission

I don't see my email address.  Googling my user name I get a link to the community profile page that has a link to my listings and posts, and shows my feedback, but no email address.  Or I can see a link to my eBay member profile page.  Again, no email address. 

I searched for your ID with the same results.

Can you provide a link that shows an email address?

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

@wooden_flower 

On  your profile page, you have to scroll down to "Private Stats" near the bottom - your email is displayed there, but only to you (signed in) as far as I can tell.

U.S. Community Volunteer

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

@ferncliff-39Thanks - I have never noticed that 🙂

@dizfunAs @ferncliff-39  points out, you are the only one that can see your private stats.  I can not see your email address.

eBay member since 2001.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Thx for helping with this BUT please Google your username only in the Google search bar. Tell me if you see a page come up with all your private stats listed like I did.

When you say you cannot see my user name, I’m not sure which page you are on.

again Thanks with helping with this! 
😀

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

you are lucky, mine shows ALL kinds of private info.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@dizfun You missed the last comments - you are the only one that can see your private info under 'personal stats'. I can see mine, you can not see mine and I can not see yours.

For all the years I have been around, I never even noticed that info was there - it is meaningless to me 🙂

eBay member since 2001.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Hi @dizfun 

It sounds like it works like the Bid History in auctions:  everyone sees their own Username ... but everyone else's is 'masked'.  [Many people come here wondering how to mask theirs as well ... not realizing that it already is to everyone else.]

You see your email addy ... but no one else can.  You shouldn't be able to see anyone else's ... which you can test by Googling another's Username ... and see if you are shown the same kind of personal stats you saw with your own ID..

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

You don't even have to google an ID - just click on the ID on a post.  Scroll down, you see private stats for yourself.  For others, the section doesn't show at all.

eBay member since 2001.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I don't see any private info from you, after putting dizfun in the Google search bar.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@wooden_flower wrote:

You don't even have to google an ID - just click on the ID on a post.  Scroll down, you see private stats for yourself.  For others, the section doesn't show at all.

What do you click on?  The Username on the post, where you go to see posts and badges?

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@house*of*paws wrote:

@wooden_flower wrote:

What do you click on?  The Username on the post, where you go to see posts and badges?

Yes - do your own first - scroll all the way to the bottom of the page - there is a section on personal stats.  You only see your own - the section isn't visible when you look at other members.

All these years, I never even knew it was there 🤣

eBay member since 2001.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Thanks so much. I just tested it out and Whew, I can’t see your email when I google it.

Have a great weekend!🎉🎉🎉

Dizfun

Message 13 of 13
latest reply