cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does it seem like I am being charged up with a lot of fees?

I started the basic store to help out on free posting insertions a month.  I get it... its a subscription.. I dont go for the extras with the listings to keep cost down.  Every time I sell an item, they take a final fee...i get it.. shipping fee? I kinda get it.....When I receive my payment on paypal from consumers, I see that ebay took the fees......i get it....Im way below the 250 listings a month and see that my new listings would be "FREE" before i post....then I get charged 230.00+ a month on my account for what?!! Did they not take the fees when item sold? Am I doing something wrong with my postings? please help!, I enjoy the ebay selling experience, but feel more and more that its not worth it! Suggestions?

View Entire Topic

First, you don't have nearly enough listings to justify a store. Next, eBay takes a 10% final value fee based on the selling price and the shipping cost paid by the buyer. PayPal takes a 2.9% + .30 fee immediately when the buyer pays.

I don't know what you are paying for your store (depends on the level of store), but you will need more listings, and you need to sell more items to justify your store fees.

Here is a handy tool to show you whether or not you need a store:

http://www.fees.ebay.com/feeweb/feeillustrator