cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Can't eBay Get The Fedex Dimensional Weight Charges Correct On Label Purchases?

For the third time in as many months I've been notified by eBay of a Fedex shipping charge adjustment.  In each case, I "overstated" the size of the package by rounding up and always add a couple extra ounces to the weight since in most cases won't effect the shipping charge (except if it crosses a threshold).  In each case after being upcharged I've contacted eBay and by comparing the weight and dimensions I entered to purchase the label eBay confirmed I should not have been charged additional costs and agreed to send an inquiry to Fedex.

But here's the two problems - even after eBay filed an inquiry with Fedex and got no response they still haven't refunded the money.  But the bigger problem is eBay is offering Fedex as a service but can't manage to get the shipping label cost calculations to acknowledge and use Fedex's Dimensional Weight formula for calculating the correct shipping cost.  I'm thinking of challenging the add-on charges with the credit card company I have on file, figuring in most cases they aren't even going to bother to respond to the inquiry from the bank.

Anyone else having this problem or have any ideas on how to handle?  

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0