cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WARNING! HP INK CARTRIDGES THAT ARE EXPIRED WILL NOT WORK IN YOUR PRINTER!

I don't know why ebay allows defective or non-workable items to be sold on their platform but be WARNED that expired HP ink cartridges will NOT WORK on your printer!  Especially 902XL cartridges because the printer is wifi enabled and somehow HP doesn't allow expired or older cartridges to be used.  I know because I spent nearly $30 last month (including tax and ship) for a black ink cartridge - expired in 2020 which you would think really isn't that old - but I just tried to use it and my printer tells me "THE INDICATED CARTRIDGE IS AN OLDER GENERATION CARTRIDGE THAT DOES NOT WORK IN YOUR PRINTER".   Goggle info states that older HP cartridges will not work when your printer has done it's periodic updates.

So I contacted the seller (HA! Fat chance that guy was going to do anything!) and ebay (HA! Fat chance ebay was going to do anything !) so there you go.  BE WARNED eBAY COMMUNITY! DO NOT BUY HP GENIUNE CARTRIDGES THAT ARE EXPIRED ON EBAY AS THEY WILL NOT WORK!

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: WARNING! HP INK CARTRIDGES THAT ARE EXPIRED WILL NOT WORK IN YOUR PRINTER!

Oh and the real bite was I left a negative feedback explaining that the ink cartridges he sells that are expired WILL NOT WORK and ebay deleted it!!! Thanks for NOTHING EBAY! Just a crock of you know what all the way around.  And look he is STILL SELLING expired ink cartridges and good luck getting your money back!

Message 2 of 2
latest reply