cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOIDING A UNUSED SHIPPING LABEL

Hello.

I AM A NEW SELLER AND HAVE ACCIDENTALLY ASKED FOR SHIPPING LABELS ONLY TO REALIZE THAT THE WEIGHT (THAT EBAY 'GUESSES' FOR US) WAS WRONG SO I HAD TO GET ANOTHER ONE 

THEN, A BUYER BOUGHT ONE THING, AND AFTER I HAD PRINTED THE LABEL ASKED ME TO WAIT BC THEY WERE BIDDING ON SOMETHING ELSE. 

THEY MAKE IT SO VAGUE WITH THE SHIPPING LABELS THAT IT IS HARD TO TELL WHICH ONE IS WHICH OR GOES WITH WHAT???? 

THEN, TRYING TO GET A REFUND FOR OBVIOUS REASONS WHEN ANOTHER LABEL WAS PURCHASED, THEY ARE MAKING THIS VERY VERY DIFFICULT. 

AND MY LAST QUESTION 

ARE WE ACTUALLY GETTING CHARGED SELLING CHARGES ON OUR FAIR CORRECT , OR UNDER PRICED SHIPPING???? 

THIS SEEMS ABSURD TO ME!

WHY (IF I AM SEEING THIS CORRECTLY) WOULD I BE CHARGED A FEE/ COMMISSION ON SHIPPING CHARGES THAT ARE OBVIOUSLY REQUIRED FOR THE BUYER TO GET AN ITEM?

I FEEL VERY DISRESPECTED.

SORRY FOR THE LARGE TYPE.

I AM NOT YELLING, ITS JUST HARD FOR ME TO SEE SMALL PRINT. 

THANKS FOR ANY ADVICE 

I DO NOT HAVE A COMPUTER 

TYVM

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: VOIDING A UNUSED SHIPPING LABEL

@gia292929.  You don't have to use a computer.   Just click the link I provided and log into eBay from your phones browser.   I just checked and it does have the pictures still that way. 

After you log in then click on shipping labels on the left menu.   Next action drop down menu.  Then void the one you didn't use.   

Always weigh and measure your items in the package it will ship in and put that information on your listing.  Select buyer pays calculated for the shipping. This way the buyer pays the correct shipping price to their location. 

Don't use eBay's suggested shipping price as the algorithm doesn't know exactly how heavy or large YOUR box is compared to other listings.  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

@gia292929   

You can void the label within 5 days of purchasing it from the actions drop down menu next to the label on this page>  

https://www.ebay.com/ship/labels/seller-hub  

Then the postal service will refund you in about 3-4 weeks on your all transactions page here>

https://www.ebay.com/mes/transactionlist?sh=true

EDIT TO ADD>> Caps lock makes it hard to read your question.  Try using CTRL and + to make your text larger on your screen so it's easier to read.  That's what I have to do.  

You said you had a hard time telling which label goes to which item?  It has a picture of the item and the title on the page.

As for the fees.  Fees are charged on the total the Buyer pays.  This is the same for all funds processors.  

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Thank you for your help. 

I didn't know about the CONTROL + WOW THANKS!!

Mine doesn't show a picture of the items unfortunately, it only shows a charge 

That's why I thought it was very odd because it should be EASY to look it up and clearly see that two labels were requested 

I don't understand why the post office would be making a refund though, I never gave the post office the code

Only eBay still charges me and I never used the first one 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@gia292929   You are not seeing the picture and the title?   Are you using a computer to view the void page?  Are you going to this PAGE>>>  https://www.ebay.com/ship/labels/seller-hub

Try a different browser.    

"I don't understand why the post office would be making a refund though, I never gave the post office the code Only eBay still charges me and I never used the first one "

This is the way buying labels on eBay works.   You pay eBay for a shipping label, and they pay the postal carrier.   The postal carrier has the money now that you paid for the label, even though it's not used yet.    There is a delay in the refund for the postal carrier to make sure that the label is not used.  

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

eBay does not guess at anything.  The price of shipping is determined by distance (provided by the buyer), weight (provided by you), and dimensions of the packaging (provided by you).  When creating a listing, you need to package the item without sealing it, measure it, weigh it, and then add those into the shipping section of the listing form.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Thank you for your information. 

No I don't have a computer. 

If I have already purchased a shipping label for 'per se' certain item' 

it would be so easy for eBay to ask, 

You already purchased a shipping label for this item, are You SURE you want ANOTHER shipping label for this item?

I just don't understand the process yet I suppose, but eBay 'guesses' your shipping weight and Box, & as a new seller if you don't see the wrong information and then have to change the information.......

Anyway, it seems like there must be a MUCH better way. 

I have sold over $600.00 in merchandise and have not even hit a $400.00 payout. It seems like an awful lot of 'fees'.  One third? How does anyone actually MAKE anything. Lol 

I suppose with Jewelry, it's harder to take such a huge hit like that. 

That's why the label thing is bothering me a little. 

Anyway.

Rant over. 

Thanks again. Gia

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@gia292929.  You don't have to use a computer.   Just click the link I provided and log into eBay from your phones browser.   I just checked and it does have the pictures still that way. 

After you log in then click on shipping labels on the left menu.   Next action drop down menu.  Then void the one you didn't use.   

Always weigh and measure your items in the package it will ship in and put that information on your listing.  Select buyer pays calculated for the shipping. This way the buyer pays the correct shipping price to their location. 

Don't use eBay's suggested shipping price as the algorithm doesn't know exactly how heavy or large YOUR box is compared to other listings.  

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Wow! You're a GEM. 

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH for taking the time to explain. 

I'm old and pretty SLOW 😭.....

HAVE A BEAUTIFUL EVENING 

Gia 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@gia292929.  You're welcome.  Glad to help you. 

If you need help in the future be sure to say you're using the app and don't have a computer.     🙂 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I just tried your link and BRAVO THANKS AGAIN I can see everything there! 

When I voided the label it said 'technical difficulties '  try again later.

I need to Keep your LINK close at hand. 

THANKS AGAIN!!! 

Gia 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Lol

I actually DID say at the end of my question that I didn't have a computer, 

but by the time you got to the end, you were probably yawning and 1/2 asleep since I don't know how to say things correctly 😂😂😂

THANKS COMIC GUY 😀 

YOU ARE A LEGEND 👍

Message 11 of 11
latest reply