cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using new text editor in item description box

I used to copy and paste text from Word into item description box for all my listings and 

had no problem until early this year. But this does not work anymore in the new text editor.  I pasted a Word text that had been fully edited(font type, size, bold, italic, underline, line spacing, left or center align) into item description box but the pasted text in the box does not reflect original text in Word. In my case, the new text editor messed up line spacing and alignment so I had to amend wordings manually one after another. What should I do? 

Jay

View Entire Topic

This is because of the active content restrictions, it's a program clash with the word doc program.

If you use this tool you can make changes to font etc, just select the advanced editing button on the top right hand side of the descrption box.     Keep in mind that most shoppers are now buying from cell phones so keeping your text not to fancy is best, no underlines as they make the cell phone users have to scroll.   Use the mobile friendly checker, then select save in the bottom of the screen.   I missed that button at first.  

The following information will help users that have problems with the best offer feature or if they would like more control over when their items relist.

Use the advanced listing tool. When you click on the sell tab you should see a "use advanced listing tool. It may also say "use form with more choices" .

I personally have found that the ebay seller hub does not have this flaw. You can sign up for the hub here:
http://www.ebay.com/sh/landing

It takes a couple of days to get used to feel of the hub but personally I like it. If you have any questions about using the hub come back to the boards and ask for assistance.

I am a community help volunteer and not an E bay employee.