cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This Just Isn't Fair!

I am a small time movie seller, who until recently did about 60+ orders a week, but that all changed thanks to eBay and it isn't my fault. For 2 years I had a perfect 100% feedback, until 2 international customers claimed they never received their items and left negative feedback. I refunded the buyers and explained to them and contacted and explained to eBay, that I ship international packages through eBay's international shipping program, and that once I ship the item out to their warehouse, the tracking number shows as delivered, and I have no idea what happens to it from there. If the item didn't get there, it's on eBay! I did my part and sent it out! ...but eBay doesn't agree and didn't remove the feedback, so now my rating is 99.7% and my orders have dropped from a consistent 60+ to around 20 a week. I assume it's due to my products being pushed down in the search results, but that's insane! I still have over 1000 positives, do I really deserve to be punished with such a sever loss of business, because eBay doesn't want to admit they lost a couple packages?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: This Just Isn't Fair!

@tss807 

What "ebay international shipping program" are you referring to exactly?

On the most recent neg FB, there isn't any Global Shipping on that order, or Intl Standard Delivery, in fact it only shows shipping to the U.S. & Canada - so you must have shipped it direct to the int'l buyer yourself, not through any eBay program.

I can't see the Item# on the other neg FB, it's too old to pull up, but I did spot check a few of your other listings and none of them show Global Shipping, if that's what you're referring to. They only show "Worldwide", meaning you are responsible for shipping direct to the overseas buyer.

U.S. Community Volunteer

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

After all this, I've stopped shipping internationally, it's just not worth it, those items were fairly expensive and I had to give full refunds, plus the shipping, so now I only ship U.S. and Canada. for those orders though, I bought my labels through eBay and they had me send it to warehouses in either Fords NJ or Erlanger KY, and as I said, once I shipped the items there, the packages were marked delivered and the tracking number useless. Who knows what happened to them? eBay certainly doesn't.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@tss807 

$5.99 and $1.99 were 'fairly expensive'?  Are we looking at the same thing?

You could not have sent the last one through eBay Global Shipping program - it cannot be added after the fact.

You must have used Intl Standard Delivery, but you are still liable for delivery, it comes with $100 shipping protection and you can even file a claim for lost packages.

International Standard Delivery Help page

U.S. Community Volunteer

Message 4 of 4
latest reply