cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The New Listing Tool - No Access to Shipping Calculator?

I was just opted in to the new listing tool. Oh boy. My first question is regarding shipping. I don't see any way to use the shipping calculator from the listing tool. I guess I am ok with manually entering the package dimensions and weight, but I don't see any way to tell if the buyer is being charged the commercial rate or the eBay discounted rate. I have always given buyers the discounted rate and want to make sure they are still getting that.

While I'm here, any suggestions for a guide to using this new tool? At first glance I don't think it's as bad as I've been reading, but I've only played around with trying one draft for now. Tomorrow I plan on doing more listings and hope the learning curve is not too steep.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: The New Listing Tool - No Access to Shipping Calculator?

If you want to give your buyers the discounted rate, make sure you have that set on this page - https://www.ebay.com/ship/prf - under offer carrier-specific discounts. Once you have it set there, you will only see the discounted rates on the page where you select which shipping services to offer.  

So enter the weight and dimensions, then click add service and you’ll see the full list of options with the price ranges, just like the shipping calculator shows you.

I think the new form is pretty straightforward, but then I always used the advanced form before.  About the only thing to remember is if you see 3 little lines in the upper left of a page of choices, click there to see more options.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

If you want to give your buyers the discounted rate, make sure you have that set on this page - https://www.ebay.com/ship/prf - under offer carrier-specific discounts. Once you have it set there, you will only see the discounted rates on the page where you select which shipping services to offer.  

So enter the weight and dimensions, then click add service and you’ll see the full list of options with the price ranges, just like the shipping calculator shows you.

I think the new form is pretty straightforward, but then I always used the advanced form before.  About the only thing to remember is if you see 3 little lines in the upper left of a page of choices, click there to see more options.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thanks. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply