cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporary time away notice to buyers

So I left on vacation for 2 weeks and put up a temporary notice to buyers that I would be away so they would know delivery would be delayed.  I did not suspend selling I did not suspend selling so sales continued while I was away.  Upon returning I mailed out all my items that were sold within 2 business days and packages were received two days prior to when the package had to be received.  One buyer left me a bad review complaining and telling people not to buy from me because the delivery took 16 days to receive.  This one bad review wrecked my 100% approval rating and eBay said the review can’t be removed because it isn’t against their policy.  I mean what else could I have done except to notify buyers about my time away?  And why was this buyer allowed to give me a bad review for the delivery being “late”.  Where is the logic here?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Temporary time away notice to buyers

Hi @glazmike77 

I would contact eBay and appeal the decision. If the item arrived before the estimated delivery date, the feedback should be removed.

You can request a callback (by typing Agent or Call back in the chat box) from here:

https://www.ebay.com/help/eua?id=5275&mkpid

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @glazmike77 

I would contact eBay and appeal the decision. If the item arrived before the estimated delivery date, the feedback should be removed.

You can request a callback (by typing Agent or Call back in the chat box) from here:

https://www.ebay.com/help/eua?id=5275&mkpid

Inceptions

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I appreciate the info, I called it in and appealed.  The agent on the line said it should be removed in 24-72hrs after the appeal is reviewed.  

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Excellent!!!

Inceptions

Message 4 of 4
latest reply