cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Site bug prevents bidding or offers based on primary address

My profile is currently set for a primary shipping address in country A. I also have an address in country B. Sometimes when I want to bid on an item in country B where it clearly states that item will not ship to country A. No problem; I go to the details, change the country to B and it calculates the proper shipping. So I try to place my bid and eBay outright refuses to allow it, despite my clear intention to ship to country B. I have to switch my primary address on my account before I can continue. This error should not be a blocking point, but a warning asking for acknowledgment to proceed. If eBay is worried about accidental acceptance and issues arising from these bad bids, maybe enforce that a valid address (country B) be an option in your address book. At the very least, acknowledge that I chose and calculated a country+post code on the bid page that was valid for the item and allow that to proceed.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Site bug prevents bidding or offers based on primary address

eBay explicitly allows sellers to block buyers by primary shipping address in the Buyer Requirements.

eburtonlab_0-1690132220357.png

eBay could choose to make things work differently, but there is no indication that eBay actually wants things to work differently.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply