cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping to Porto Rico & eBay Global Shipping Quotes

I have been having some issues with shipping to territory's such as PR. Now I have 2 Orders to ship to Porto Rico & the buyers did not read all they should have, so anyway I only ship out of the Continental US mainland via eBay Global Shipping & I want to get a Quote for these 2 but haven't been able to figure out how only quotes I've been able to get are from the 3 USPS FedEx & UPS. Any help and / or advice on this would be Greatly Appreciated. Blessings 2U All, Paul / rcdummy 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

1.  Puerto Rico is not a Global Shipping Program eligible country.  

( It's not a country.  It's part of the US. )

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/global-shipping-program?id...

Therefore, you cannot use the GSP for shipping to PR.

2.  eBay allows several of the territories/protectorates (PR included) to register one of two different ways:

• with "US" as their country, and with their location as their state.
  • with their location as their country.

If you are willing to ship using USPS, I would recommend shipping to PR.

However, it you are dead set on only shipping within the contiguous 48 states, you would need to set some shipping exclusions.

• For members who use "US" as their country, and with their location as their state, you need to exclude the protectorates.
  • For members who use their location as their country, you would need to set up exclusions for each of those locations.

eBay International Shipping Exclusions

————————————————————————

American Samoa ( AS ) ** Oceana

Guam ( GU )** Oceana

Palau ( PW )** Oceana

Puerto Rico ( PR )** Central America & Caribbean

US Virgin Islands ( VI )** Central America & Caribbean

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Puerto Rico is not eligible for the GSP program, it's part of the US. If the item can fit in a flat rate, the cost is no more than the cost to ship the item anywhere in the continental US.

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

1.  Puerto Rico is not a Global Shipping Program eligible country.  

( It's not a country.  It's part of the US. )

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/global-shipping-program?id...

Therefore, you cannot use the GSP for shipping to PR.

2.  eBay allows several of the territories/protectorates (PR included) to register one of two different ways:

• with "US" as their country, and with their location as their state.
  • with their location as their country.

If you are willing to ship using USPS, I would recommend shipping to PR.

However, it you are dead set on only shipping within the contiguous 48 states, you would need to set some shipping exclusions.

• For members who use "US" as their country, and with their location as their state, you need to exclude the protectorates.
  • For members who use their location as their country, you would need to set up exclusions for each of those locations.

eBay International Shipping Exclusions

————————————————————————

American Samoa ( AS ) ** Oceana

Guam ( GU )** Oceana

Palau ( PW )** Oceana

Puerto Rico ( PR )** Central America & Caribbean

US Virgin Islands ( VI )** Central America & Caribbean

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

YOU did not exclude PR on your listings.

You wrongly stated that you will ship GSP ......

'All Items shipping out of the Continental U.S.A. proper (mainland) will ship via eBay Global Shipping "

'

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thank You all that replied I do Appreciate the help!  This item is 17Lb's & is 15"x12"x4" set of tools, so it is expensive to ship to PR = $80 with UPS & that was the best rate I was able to get.   Thank You again for all the help. Just one more Great thing about eBay!!!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I wanted to Thank You for the Help & for being so complete. I did use the change as You suggested & marked your post as Helpful & Accepted as solution.  Thank You Again for the Help & Positive Attitude as so many times I hear folks say they don't ask on the forums as there always seems to be at least one person that is Negative & try's to make others feel as if they are below them.  NOT HERE is what I say!   Thank You to All for the help here & for all of the community support I have received since returning.  Blessings 2U All, Paul / rcdummy 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply