cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping label cost/weight not accurate

I went to print the shipping label I noticed the weight written was nowhere close to being enough.
Iam new to Ebay, as this is my first sale. But I have sold many things on mercari. So, that being said, im afraid I don't know exactly what I'm doing. I made sure to charge $20 shipping cost so It would be enough to cover shipping costs.. but now the weight written on label is not accurate and why did this app ask me to pay $8 for shipping label? Wouldn't i need to buy a shipping label for $20?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

The cost of the shipping label is based on the weight and package size, the class of service, and the buyer's zip code. It has nothing to do with an arbitrary shipping cost you put on the listing.

You can't print labels on eBay if you don't have the package weight and size. So your options are to get a postal scale so you can enter this information into the listings and print labels online, or go to the post office and purchase your postage there at a higher cost (and hope you've charged the buyer enough).

Below are some links to information that will help:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/shipping-items?id=4077&st=3&pos=1&query=Shipping%20...

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/using-shipping-calculator?...

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

You need to void the $8 label.  If you don't know the correct weight and box size, as already mentioned, you need to hand write a label for the package, and go to your post office and let them weight and measure it and pay for postage there.

Don't be shocked when you go to your post office - that chair is going to cost a lot more than $20 to ship, unless your buyer is very close to your location.

To void a label -

1. Go to Manage shipping labels - opens in new window or tab.
  2. Find the item you'd like to void the shipping label for, then from the Actions column, select More Actions, and then select Void.
  3. Choose your reason for voiding the label. If you want to, you can add a message for the buyer.
  4. Select Void shipping label.
wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply