cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping headaches that don't make sense

I live about 10 miles from USPS post office ...I am small seller at moment only ship small to medium 1-2 items 

at time ...been selling 3 years I have had about 4 occasions when I took my packages to a post office 8 miles away in my state but their main drop was out of state ...I started noticing a pattern ..next package I tried to send at my mailbox ..mail person wasn't picking up ,and noticed my sales would fall , when I questioned manager at post office ,their excuse was we have a new person on route ,and things would go back to them picking up ...well that excuse worked until this recent time ,I went and had long talk with her ,start she gave me a run around ,finely told me that they didn't get paid to pick up unless I called and scheduled a pickup ,so don't understand ,does Ebay have a in state rule for sellers if so they need to post this when purchasing label ...also if I have a 8"x8"x6" package to ship ..do I have to schedule a pickup for ebay to pay extra to the state for using the mail service ....Ebay you might want to clarify this cause I'm going out of my way to keep my shipping within one day 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@dos_gills 

In order to have the post office do a pick up, you need to schedule that in advance. When you go to purchase your shipping labels on eBay, there is a link right there to "schedule a pickup". USPS does not charge for the pickup. It just needs to be scheduled in advance. eBay does not pay the USPS to pick up packages.

eBay Seller Leader: Detroit-Ann Arbor In-Person eBay Networking Events
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I put my outgoing packages in my mailbox and the carrier scans them when he picks them up.  Is this not an option for you?  I don't go to the post office very often.  My local post office will not scan, but a neighboring town will.  

You could also change your handling time to 2 days and take multiple packages at once.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 3
latest reply