cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Label

Buyer notified me that she would like item shipped to a different address. How can the shipping label be changed to reflect this.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Shipping Label

@alezinczenk_0 

< Buyer notified me that she would like item shipped to a different address >    

The buyer has an opportunity to change the ship-to address on the check out page when she is paying for the item.  If the seller ships to an address different from the one that comes with the purchase, s/he loses his seller protection. 

It has been claimed that a Message asking the seller to ship to a different address will enable the seller to retain his protections, but I wouldn't risk it.  Maybe it worked for one seller, maybe it would work for you ... if you want to roll the dice, that's your choice.  

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

If you ship to an address other than the one on the transaction, you lose your seller protection.

First, make sure the request is coming from the buyer ID that purchased the item (there is a scam where another buyer tries this trick to get a package redirected to him).

If the buyer ID matches, cancel the transaction (using problem with buyer's address). You can find the cancellation option in the Action dropdown next to the sold item listing. Then relist the item and send the buyer an explanation along with the new item # so that he can repurchase with the correct address. He needs to watch for the default address at checkout, and use the option to change it before completing payment.

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Thank you for the advice re; shipping labels

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Hi @alezinczenk_0 

While its possible it is not advisable as both @inceptions  and @gosimus have pointed out.  Occasionally I get that request, I immediately message the Buyer back explaining that eBay expects me to ship to the address on file at the time of the purchase AND if they want to change their address to message me back right away ASKING FOR A CANCELLATION and I will be happy to cancel AND they can purchase again once they update their address.

I also advise them I have One Day handling and if I ship late I get a defect so unless I hear back from  them I have to ship to the address on file ... then I wait.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thank you for your advice, I certainly will keep that in mind.

Thanks again.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply