cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent item to wrong buyer

I'm not sure what happened I got an offer for an item and I accepted. Soon after, I got another offer (not sure if I put the item on twice) which I cancelled.

Accidentally I sent the item to the wrong person. She said she would pay for the item when she receives it but don't know how to bill her through eBay.

I am making good with the original buyer and sending the same product to her.

I can't find an email, phone number , chat or any articles that fit my situation.

Margaret

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Sent item to wrong buyer

@counselor343   You would just relist at the agreed on price as a buy it now for the buyer that hasn't paid.   I would do that now.   

Then select shipped from the drop down menu next to the sold item as the tracking number was used on the other sale.  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thank you so much for your response....I did repost the item and let the buyer know. She paid for it through the new posting.

I wish eBay was willing to help with unusual situations.

Margaret

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@counselor343   It's best to come here to the community to ask for help for unusual problems as we know the policies and procedures you need to fix the problem. 

CS sometimes doesn't understand unusual problems.  

Glad your buyer paid for the item there is no way for eBay to force a buyer to pay after an item is shipped.

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Yes, I appreciate your help.

Somehow it showed 2 of the same item (could have been my error). I agreed to first bid, quite a bit lower than 2nd...I cancelled the 2nd and stood by my original acceptance.

In my haste, I mailed the package to the 2nd person....both buyers have been very nice about the mixup...I went out and got more of the item and sent to the original person that payed....

I need to be more careful in shipping....

Margaret

Message 5 of 5
latest reply