cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling to someone who says their account was hacked + Ebays response

Hi everyone. I am fairly new to selling on Ebay and have an issue thats come up. Wondering if anyone else has had something similar. I sold a very inexpensive item ($1.95) and sent it priority mail (approx $7.80). Five days after I shipped the item the buyer sent me a message and said I sent it to the wrong address. I told the buyer I sent to the address Ebay and Paypal provided, and purchased the shipping label directly thru Ebay. Later the buyer said the account was hacked, that they had bid and purchased but after the item was paid for someone hacked their account and changed the mailing address. The postal service agreed to send the package back to me.  Before I could get Ebay customer service to tell me what I needed to do next the buyer disputed the payment as fraudulent and had their payment to me refunded. I called Ebay customer service and they said not only will they not compensate me for the postage they will also not refund my final values fees. Does this sound right? I know $7.80 plus the fees is not a lot of money, but the principle of this seems wrong and how often does this happen? I am a small seller not making much $ and Ebay has billions. Now I see what everyone on here says about Ebay not taking care of their sellers. It's not my fault the buyers account was hacked. I sent the package to the address Ebay provided to me. 😞

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)