cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller cancelled after buyers winning bid

Does a buyer have the right to see pictures when a seller says sorry I broke it? My winning bid was much lower then the current sold prices for the same item. Seller claims they broke it refunded right away but refused to send pictures of the broke item. I was a seller once and recall having to prove I'd broken the item. Do I have any rights here? Isn't the seller responsible to complete sale and if they don't prove why they are canceling?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@pepperchris4340 

The seller is not obligated to provide pictures of the broken item.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@pepperchris4340 

< Seller claims they broke it >    

For the sake of argument, let's assume that's a lie, and the real reason the seller doesn't want to complete the transaction is because the item didn't fetch as much as he wanted.  If there were some way to force the seller to send the item, then if he'll lie then he'll also steal.  He could send you a rock.  Of course, you could get your money back through the Not As Described process, but the result would be that you'd be right back where you are now.  Best to just move on. 

You can report him at  https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/resolving-issues-sellers/report-issue-seller?id=4022    The seller does not intend to complete the sale.  

Message 3 of 3
latest reply