cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Level Evaluation/Forecast/ Tracking uploaded on time & validated.

I've been a TRS for a long time now. For my October 20th evaluation tomorrow, eBay policy for "Tracking uploaded on time and validated" states:

"For this requirement, we look at your transactions during the past 3 months. To be a Top Rated Seller, 95.00% of your transactions must have tracking uploaded within your stated handling time, in addition to receiving a carrier scan."

Will the evaluation be based on the time period July 20th - October 20th? Or the calendar months of July, August & September?

That's the question I'd like answered, if you know it. So no need to read further if you don't want to. 

But if anyone's interested here's my 'bad beat" story:

My "Tracking uploaded on time & validated" percent had been 100% for years, until I foolishly accommodated a customer request this August , to hold off on mailing 3 record albums for a couple weeks. After this it went to 97% and change. Then, just after September 30th it plunged from north of 97% 

to 92.86 %. (This because I uploaded the tracking on one order with 11 items (shipped together of course)

but on just one of the items thinking that would upload for all of them, AS IT SO OFTEN DOES!)

But of course this time they counted 10 items as "Uploaded late". (As soon as I saw the 92.86% number I uploaded the tracking.) As you can imagine, I was quite bummed out and contacted eBay to see if they would rectify this, but I don't need to tell you how that went. 

Doing the math I saw that I would have to basically triple my sales (and of course upload tracking on all)

in 20 days to get to 95% or over. Well, lo and behold, I had a big sale, sent out lots of offers and sold 102 items from October 1st to today the 19th. This will put me north of 95%. 

Will that do it to keep my TRS status? If they base the evaluation on sales from July 20th to October 20th

I should be able to keep my TRS status, correct? 

Or were my efforts regarding this all for naught, i. e. will they base their evaluation on the calendar months of July, August, and September? 

Right now from the seller dashboard it states:

If we evaluated you today

Your seller level would be Above Standard
Next evaluation on Oct 20, 2023.

And I would lose my TRS status if that holds true.

If anyone can give me a definitive answer on this, it would be much appreciated. 

Cheers. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Seller Level Evaluation/Forecast/ Tracking uploaded on time & validated.

The 10/20 evaluation is for July 1 - Sept 30.  The evaluations are always for the period ending at the prior month end.

So it sounds like you should be back to TRS at 11/20.

I’m sure you will remember going forward that you need to use bulk shipping to have the system populate the tracking field on all individual payments that you combine into a single order.  If you use just one of the items to generate the label, you must manually add the tracking to all of the other items.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

The 10/20 evaluation is for July 1 - Sept 30.  The evaluations are always for the period ending at the prior month end.

So it sounds like you should be back to TRS at 11/20.

I’m sure you will remember going forward that you need to use bulk shipping to have the system populate the tracking field on all individual payments that you combine into a single order.  If you use just one of the items to generate the label, you must manually add the tracking to all of the other items.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Hi,

Thank you for the response. Not what I wanted to hear, but glad to know. 

Yes, going forward I will be sure to either use the bulk shipping or 

upload the other items manually.

My beef though, is that sometimes when using just one item to generate 

the label IT DOES populate the tracking field on all the items. And sometimes it

doesn't. So it's not consistent. I can only surmise that perhaps it has to do with

how close together in time the items are purchased. 

Thanks again. 

I've been a TRS for a long time now. For my October 20th evaluation tomorrow, eBay policy for "Tracking uploaded on time and validated" states:

"For this requirement, we look at your transactions during the past 3 months. To be a Top Rated Seller, 95.00% of your transactions must have tracking uploaded within your stated handling time, in addition to receiving a carrier scan."

Will the evaluation be based on the time period July 20th - October 20th? Or the calendar months of July, August & September?

That's the question I'd like answered, if you know it. So no need to read further if you don't want to. 

My "Tracking uploaded on time & validated" percent had been 100% for years, until I foolishly accommodated a customer request this August , to hold off on mailing 3 record albums for a couple weeks. After this it went to 97% and change. Then, just after September 30th it plunged from north of 97% 

to 92.86 %. (This because I uploaded the tracking on one order with 11 items (shipped together of course)

but on just one of the items thinking that would upload for all of them, AS IT SO OFTEN DOES!)

But of course this time they counted 10 items as "Uploaded late". (As soon as I saw the 92.86% number I uploaded the tracking.) As you can imagine, I was quite bummed out and contacted eBay to see if they would rectify this, but I don't need to tell you how that went. 

Doing the math I saw that I would have to basically triple my sales (and of course upload tracking on all)

in 20 days to get to 95% or over. Well, lo and behold, I had a big sale, sent out lots of offers and sold 102 items from October 1st to today the 19th. This will put me north of 95%. 

Will that do it to keep my TRS status? If they base the evaluation on sales from July 20th to October 20th

Or were my efforts regarding this all for naught, i. e. will they base their evaluation on the calendar months of July, August, and September? 

If anyone can give me a definitive answer on this, it would be much appreciated. 

Cheers. 

Cheers. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply