cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searches showing up that I didn’t search for

In the past week when I look at the list of things that I’ve searched for when I’m shopping, I’ve had several items show up in my search bar that wasn’t done by me.  I changed my password and cleared the searches and this morning there is a search for ‘data protection software’.  It’s the only search that’s been done since I cleared it last night. Is eBay doing this?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@dances*with*cats 

< items show up in my search bar that wasn’t done by me >     

What are you referring to when you use the term "search bar"?  Do you mean the keyword field?  Or the search results page?  Are you using eBay on a desktop/laptop browser, or on the mobile app?         

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Keyword field?  It's the drop down window that shows you previous searches.  I'm using a laptop and the mobile app.   Just looked again and now the word 'boot' is there.  Lol.  I don't wear boots.  And if I did search for them, I'd be adding more descriptive terms like size and fit.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@dances*with*cats 

< It's the drop down window that shows you previous searches >    

Gotcha.  The drop down that appears when you click into the search field at the top of a page.  I just checked mine, and there was a (miniature,scale) on that drop down that I am certain I never even had in a search, much less searched for solely.  I don't know how it got there, and I don't know how they're getting on yours, but at least you know it's happening to someone else too, and not just you.       

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thanks, I do feel better.  Thought someone had hacked my account and was shopping.  

Message 5 of 5
latest reply