cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammers using legitimate UPS tracking numbers to cover non delivery of an item you can't dispute

I bought a $558.34 Bose Soundbar 700 on ebay from a seller who is a fraud (ebay ID is white-girl177). And when pressured (after 3 emails requesting shipping status) to give me the shipping tracking #, seller never even once responded. instead seller posted a wrong trackng # (tracking # provided is for a 3 lb item shipped via UPS to a general Wilton, CT address. My soundbar weighs over 10 lbs and supposed to be shipped via FedEx Ground or FedEx Home Delivery from South Bend, Indiana). When I asked the seller for the actual shipping address, again seller never responded. I asked ebay customer service to step in for this fradulant transcaction and asked for a refund, ebay determined that because the tracking # was provided and that it was delivered, NO REFUND was to be issued!!! ebay took no further action but referred me to dispute their decision. I have no way of getting the actual shipping address from UPS due to their privacy policy and now I'm out $558!!! ebay should have investigated this fradulant and criminal actions by this seller and should have refunded my money!!!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Scammers using legitimate UPS tracking numbers to cover non delivery of an item you can't disput

@dying2live 

This is a common scam attempt on eBay.

Take that tracking number & contact UPS.

Obtain something in writing from them that states that the tracking number was for a package addressed/delivered to a different person/address.

You don't need to know the actual ship to address on that package.

You just need proof that the address differs from the ship to address in your eBay Order Details.

Then phone / Facebook / Twitter eBay customer service.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Scammers using legitimate UPS tracking numbers to cover non delivery of an item you can't disput

I did open the request for that exact information. After 10 days UPS is still investigating (duh!). Meanwhile I claimed a "Not Delivered" case with PayPal, using the same information I used to file with Ebay.  I just received an email from PayPal, that they reviewed the case and have decided in my favor. PayPal is giving me a full refund of $558.34!!!. God bless the people at PayPal!!!

Message 3 of 3
latest reply