cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammed

My package was sent to a fake address and the tracking says delivered so I can't appeal. I can't talk to a person. I was completely scammed and don't know what to do.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Scammed

@madam_questing 

Check your order details to make sure the correct address appears there. That is the address the seller is required to ship to.

Contact the shipping service to determine if the tracking number you received was for a package that was addressed to you.

Good advice for dealing with false tracking:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/I-tried-contacting-seller-i-tried-contacting-fedex-i-tried/m-p/...

What kind of feedback does your seller have?

You can avoid many fake tracking issues by choosing to only do business with experienced sellers that have a proven track record of delivering similar items as seen by examining the seller's feedback page, and by avoiding inexperienced sellers, sellers with patterns of negative feedback indicating serious problems, or sellers with large gaps in the selling history or recent drastic changes of seller behavior.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Scammed

Seller had 100% feedback so I am guessing those were fake too. Since I can't leave a bad review (they took it down since my claim was denied) this may have happened to others and I would never know. No one will.

My address is right. I had to go to the post office just to find out what address they sent it to. 

Seller isn't replying.

So what your answer is saying is that I am just out of luck?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Scammed

Are you saying that it wasn’t sent to YOUR address?  If that’s the case, you need a letter from the carrier stating that it wasn’t sent to your address to appeal this with eBay.  It is possible to appeal, you just need something to back it up.

GloryBells  • 
eBay Mentor Since 2008

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Scammed

Not my house number, not my street, not even the right zipcode.

I can get the proof, but every time I try it says "Your claim is denied, you cannot appeal."

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Scammed

So what your answer is saying is that I am just out of luck?

Follow the steps outlined at this link to deal with false tracking:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/I-tried-contacting-seller-i-tried-contacting-fedex-i-tried/m-p/...

Others that have followed that advice have been able to get a refund with a little effort.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply