cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return Denied - why?

I bought an item that arrived in unacceptable condition (red clothing item stuffed into a too-small bag so very wrinkled, and totally covered with white fuzz).   I contacted the seller and didn’t receive a reply.  Then I received a message on Oct 16 saying the the return option had closed on October 16.

I don’t get it.  I concluded then that I had to eat the sale, with no recourse but to leave negative feedback for the seller, which I don’t like to do, but what else is available?

i have a sour taste toward eBay now, and of course, this particular seller. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Return Denied - why?

@moaphers 

What was the reason you stated for the return in the Return Request?

If the seller did not respond to the request, did you ask Ebay to step in within 21 days?

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Return Denied - why?

Thank you.  I stated that the item was crammed into a bag so was very wrinkled and was covered with white fuzz.  I was not able to find a link to ask eBay to intervene.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Return Denied - why?

Hi @moaphers   

After opening a return request with  eBay … if the seller is uncooperative … the buyer needs to go back to the dispute after 3 business days to ask eBay to step in.  [The link to do that will not appear in the dispute until it’s time to use it.]

If eBay isn’t brought in beforehand … the case will time out after about 21 days.  The buyer won’t be able leave bad feedback for the seller at that point because eBay considers that the seller ‘won’ the case.

You should still be able to open a case with either PayPal or your credit card company … but you’ll have to pay the return shipping.

Good luck!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Return Denied - why?

@moaphers 

@moaphers wrote:

Thank you.  I stated that the item was crammed into a bag so was very wrinkled and was covered with white fuzz.  I was not able to find a link to ask eBay to intervene.

That is not an official reason according to the Ebay Return Request process. Let me ask again -- when you filed the Ebay Return Request, you were given a list of reasons to choose from. Which reason on the list did you choose?

If you chose a reason on the list that did not qualify for Ebay's Money Back Guarantee, and the seller does not accept returns, then your case would be closed.

If the reason you chose DID qualify for Ebay's Money Back Guarantee, but the seller did not respond to the Ebay Return Request within 3 days, on the 4th day you could have gone back to your Return Request and click on the link there to have Ebay step in to help you. You had up to 21 days to do that. Did any of that happen?

If you did NOT escalate the Return Request by  asking Ebay for help within the 21 days, the Return Request would have been closed.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 5 of 5
latest reply