cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting a listing

Someone has a listing up for an item that is not currently available for purchase from the actual manufacturer. They have undoubtedly stolen this item from the warehouse and are attempting to sell this item for much more than its MSRP. I tried to report the listing, but it says that by submitting a report, I am a law enforcement officer. I am not, but this item needs to come down. What do I do?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Reporting a listing

@delai_22 

Reporting a listing starts with a click on "Report this item" on the right side of a listing.

Then you have to make 3 choices to complete the report.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I did, and this showed up when I attempted to do so.

Screenshot_20230911_094623_eBay.png

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Because there isn't a report option specific to someone selling an unreleased item, the closest I can get is by reporting it as stolen property. I assume that's why it's giving me that message, but I don't know what else to report the listing as.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@delai_22 

Contact the manufacturer.  
Maybe they have a VeRO page. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

You also can use this page.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/member-behavior-policies/report-item-listing?id=4739

You need to add the listing number.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I checked the list and I'm not seeing the company on it.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

It's just giving me the same exact options as before. I think I just have to contact the actual manufacturer and let them know that this is happening.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply